Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just got put on miami projects research list

No harm in trying! Submit another request and you never know. They are starting new studies all the time. I am anxious for them to get the Swan Cell therapy approved for clinical trials.
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

mmm it was aproved a couple of months ago. Expect results between 8 and 12 years from now Saddly

Quote Originally Posted by russianrob View Post
    No harm in trying! Submit another request and you never know. They are starting new studies all the time. I am anxious for them to get the Swan Cell therapy approved for clinical trials.
    I hate to sound negative.. but schwann cells are not going to work.. it's another trial like the Geron trial IMO, it will fail, but they will prove that it is safe to transplant schwann cells in the spinal cord...

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    I hate to sound negative.. but schwann cells are not going to work.. it's another trial like the Geron trial IMO, it will fail, but they will prove that it is safe to transplant schwann cells in the spinal cord...

Paolo
    Unfortunately you are right. The hope is one day they inject enough with the right makeup and it actually works to restore function. With the trial models as they are and the lack of truly transformational funding this journey will be long. I have heard for 38 years the cure was close. Years ago I began to frame "cure" as significant improvement.

We must keep the fire lit

I notice Dr. Mary Bungee's name isn't listed anywhere in the study groups. Since this was 'her baby' and her plan was to combine 2 types of cells than I also expect nothing to be found on this other than it may be safe in healthy acute injuries. I do find the exclusion of those who cannot take gentimycin strange or the hospital can't keep a clean area specifically for such delicate surgery.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by russianrob View Post
    Looking back at this and kinda laughing now ... those damn Swans! (Schwann cell therapy).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12