Thread: Anyone used a Panthera x

Anyone used a Panthera x

Was looking at getting a Panthera x or a lasher BT-Mg was looking to see if anyone had an opion

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan19 View Post
    Was looking at getting a Panthera x or a lasher BT-Mg was looking to see if anyone had an opion
    We have a lot of guys here in Sweden rolling on Panthera X. Seems like the chairs is holding up well. And the chairs is incredibly light, of course. However, TiArrow is another manufacturer here that makes chairs that's almost as light, in magnesium (those models aren't on their website though).

I think Panthera and TiArrow do make the lightest chairs out there today. The Lasher isn't even close. Bt-Mg is 8.4 lbs in transport weight. Panthera X - 4.6 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersBackman View Post
    I think Panthera and TiArrow do make the lightest chairs out there today. The Lasher isn't even close. Bt-Mg is 8.4 lbs in transport weight. Panthera X - 4.6 lbs.
    yep! i know a guy who rides in a Panthera X and he is very happy with it.
    About the TiArrow i think is the lightest metal wheelchair out there but i wouldn`t go for it, Panthera i would.
    Last edited by totoL1; 10-10-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Thank you for the info, Just have a few concerns about the panthera x but the lightweight probably out weighs any of them

I bought my Panthera X 1,5 years ago and I`m very satisfied with the chair, it is the best wheelchair I ever had! And I have used wheelchair 29 year now and have a lot of wheelchair during the year. The best with the chair is of course the weight but it`s not all, the chair roll very easy too and in my opinion it`s the best looking wheelchair!

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    yep! i know a guy who rides in a Panthera X and he is very happy with it.
    About the TiArrow i think is the lightest metal wheelchair out there but i wouldn`t go for it, Panthera i would.
    Just discovered this old thread. The TiArrow chairs looks very nice to me -- simple and elegant. I'm contacting them to get more info.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Just discovered this old thread. The TiArrow chairs looks very nice to me -- simple and elegant. I'm contacting them to get more info.
    Those chairs do look nice! No purchasing info, though. Let us know what you find out.

contact doug crana, dcrana@consolidatedmedical.com at consolidated medical in NJ for the Panthera. he's a great guy and answers emails quickly

I was checking out the Panthera at the Expo last weekend. Great looking and light chair , but I didn't like the caster design. I told them if they add frog legs, I would buy one. I live in a rural area and it might be tough on their caster assembly. Does all owners like their casters and what size do you use? thanks

i have my panthera x since about one year, and i already have had to change one caster fork, at the exhorbitant price of usd500 for a tiny piece of alu... i changed the caster wheels to the thin froglegs, but there is no way at all to change the whole caster fork to froglegs, it just wont fit. i have had multiple exhanges with the good people at froglegs on this. all is all. very happy with the chair. tho i dont know how long it will last: there is already some squeeking and peeping coming from the chassis, and whilst i cant identify it, it does not sound good... it is not a chair to throw around, make too many crazy jumps in etc etc. also, bear in mind that putting a freewheel requires you to put a different foot plate.