Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wheelchair Issues

I sit too high in my Invacare TDX.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleP2112 View Post
    On my new Invicare TDX SP the seat to floor height is 18.5...I guess I'll have to get used to this height...it's just that I was used to being higher in my old Invicare. It's all frustrating and depressing because once you have a chair you're basically stuck with it for several years (depending on your funding source of insurance or private pay).
    I'm thinking about getting the seat elevation motor added...it may be pricey but still worth it.

Ugh...it's too late now but the Permobile M300 w/ the elevating seat looks great...I'm jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I sit too high in my Invacare TDX.
    My Invacare TDX-SP is 3 years old. There is a part described as a SEAT TO FLOOR bracket that can be ordered in three heights, Low, Medium, and Tall.
    There is a two inch difference between each of the bracket heights, starting at 16.5", 18.5" and 20.5".

I have attached below, a picture of the bracket on my chair and a picture of the spec sheet that references the three heights. I don't know if this bracket has been changed on the newer models in the intervening 3 years. Your durable medical equipment supplier may have current informaton on availability. "KyleP2112," changing to the Tall bracket won't get you the benefits of an elevating seat, but it may allow you to sit higher, more like you did in your previous chair. "Alan," depending on which bracket you currently have, you may be able to go to the shorter brackets.

All the best,
    GJ

I was busy writing my response before gjnl posted, but here's more information..

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I was busy writing my response before gjnl posted, but here's more information..
    Hey "SCI-OTR," Great Minds

All the best,
    GJ

Front STF height on a tilt only system can also be modified by changing the seat angle.

The seat angle is adjusted by mounting the STF bracket using different holes in the bracket. If you are sitting to high, but would be OK with less "dump" it may be possible to lower the front.

Conversely, if you want to sit a bit higher and your seat is fairly level, increasing the seat angle can raise the front STF.