Thread: Ki Mobility

Ki Mobility

i was wanting to know if anybody here has one of their wheelchairs. i'm up for a new chair and their Rogue chair looks interesting. i like that it has the reclining backrest similar to the quickie Q7.

any reviews...good or bad? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64 View Post
    i was wanting to know if anybody here has one of their wheelchairs. i'm up for a new chair and their Rogue chair looks interesting. i like that it has the reclining backrest similar to the quickie Q7.

any reviews...good or bad? thanks.
    my good friend is a rep, he says the new rogue is a nice solid chair. hes unbiased, if something he reps isnt what he thinks is good for me he tells me.

I have what must be an early folding version Ki aluminum chair. I am not impressed with the workmanship, but as I say it is an early version.

I agree, the Rogue looks intriguing. The report from fuentejps is encouraging, and I'd want to examine current models before plunging. I can tell you the brakes I got with mine look like ordinary quickie brakes, but they are smooth and so easy to use my three year old grandson can put them on. I switched them out and use them on this chair.

We're waiting for the rep fuente knows to drop one off. I saw it at RESNA and was impressed.

I demoed one and liked it better than the Aero Z (with close to the same set up) as it seemed to handle turns better but that is hard to say since it was a demo and neither chair really fit me. The one I demoed was slick looking! Much nicer looking than the Aero Z IMHO.
    E
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

thanks, i'm really thinking hard about taking the plunge but haven't heard much about their workmanship.

sci-otr...i got about 2 weeks or so to decide. if you get one gives a review. i trust your authoriteye over any DME i've encountered, lol.

I have a KI Mobility Catalyst 5. It's my first chair and I think it's a POS. The little stirrups that support the X-Frame have broken more times than I can count. The clothing guards are poorly designed. I have not been very pleased with it, but I also have no experience with other chairs so maybe my expectations are too high. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by smashms View Post
    Can someone please link Fuentejps's report on this chair I'd like to read it
    He may have more to say later, but the reference pertains to post #2 in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    my good friend is a rep, he says the new rogue is a nice solid chair. hes unbiased, if something he reps isnt what he thinks is good for me he tells me.
    thanks fuentes. i trust your recommendations also. if you remember you helped me tremendously with my colours eclipse. i recently sold it since i have too many chairs taking up space. but you were right, the eclipse is a damn good chair.

i can't find any detailed pics or info on their website about the reclining backrest. anybody know where to find any details?

i'm just wondering if it operates the same as the Q7. i like the Q7, i just don't the way those casters stick out.
    Last edited by rollin64; 10-15-2012 at 01:43 PM.