Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12

ouch

If you are looking at buying another Plantronics DSP 400 I would take a look at this as it is supposed to be the latest and greatest at a reasonable price.

http://www.knowbrainer.com/NewStore/...&idcategory=17

I have a DSP 400 that I don't use only because I favour wireless microphones. It may be one of the latest ones you are referring to and it is already falling apart, particularly the earmuffs. As you would be aware that DSP 400 comes with its own external sound pod and it would be interesting to see if the audio-technica works with it. As you would know they refer to the DSP 400 at Knowbrainer as being "consumer grade" and I hate that term. Who decides what consumer grade is and I have certainly had some expensive microphones, not very well built, less noise cancelling and overall not as accurate than some cheaper ones. I think on Knowbrainer they are in the business of selling microphones and they are justifying their more expensive ones even calling this new audio-technica microphone consumer grade. I don't know how you can call something consumer grade when the microphone element is as good as it gets for the moment.

The 1 problem I have with 11.5 is that when you put the microphone "Stop Listening" mode, is when you are talking with someone the microphone with just come on randomly. I hope the corrected that in 12.
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Double post
    Last edited by Chassmain; 11-05-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/

Dragon 12 is supposed to be a significant improvement regarding this unintentionally waking up from sleep mode. From my personal experience, I can now make Dragon "Go to Sleep" and have a lengthy phone call, conversation, or Skype call using my voice recognition microphone and haven't had it wake up yet. This contrasts significantly with my experiences using Dragon 11 which would wake up within a few minutes and caused me to get into the habit of turning my microphone off instead of putting it to sleep.
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    I am having a big time problem installing D 11. I keep getting ERROR 1935 and have spent hours on phone with some folks in the Philippines. 4 days later I am told that I need to download Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for the 64 bit. Trying to determine 32 from 64 has been impossible but I found the service pack breakdown and have attempted to download the different pieces. Most have worked except something from NERO and the last 3 that tell me I need to load the 64 bit type. I have tried this numerous times and failed.

Ready to lose it. Has anyone run into this and actually fixed it?
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

forestranger52

The following was copied from the Knowbrainer NaturallySpeaking quick tips regarding error 1935.

"This error is most often caused by firewall utilities, anti-spyware programs and pop-up blockers. You should
    disable as many utilities and programs as possible before attempting to install NaturallySpeaking."

If you are still having problems I would post a thread in the Knowbrainer forum which will link you to more knowledgeable people than those you get on the phone. Seriously!

http://www.knowbrainer.com/forums/forum/index.cfm

The other thing I would suggest is to uninstall the program using the normal mode and then run the dragon 11 removal tool to completely remove any traces before you start to install again.

http://nuance.custhelp.com/app/answe...llyspeaking-11

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by takenaback; 01-23-2013 at 01:02 AM.

Couple things… Is your computer 32-bit or 64-bit? You can figure this out by going to [Control Panel] > [System]. Midway down the screen it’ll say “System type:” and list whether you are 32 or 64-bit. I agree you might need Service Pack 1 installed, but you need to make sure you have the right one. Dragon NaturallySpeaking should automatically install and choose the right version dependent on your operating system.

Like takenaback mentioned, backup your previous Dragon NaturallySpeaking user files, and do a clean uninstall of whatever Dragon remnants you have left on your computer. From there, temporarily disable whatever firewall/spyware/antivirus utilities you have going and give it another try for a fresh install. If you’re still having problems, I second the recommendation to search the forums at KnowBrainer and shout out to the people there if you can’t find any information about your problems. There are several technical experts browsing that forum that are always quick to give very helpful and complete answers.

I wish you the best of luck, and if you keep having problems shoot me an email through my website and I’ll see if I can help.
    -Mike

Mike, I truly hope you're able to help out Random with her computer woes.
    Daniel