Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Obsession a Form of Insanity?

Ah, you've hit the fundamental question in psychology...what constitutes abnormal behavior/cognition? To put it in perspective, obsession is actually a very normal part of the human cognitive spectrum...like falling in love...people get obsessed there too. The key to whether or not obsession is pathological depends on how it impacts YOU. If it's bothering you, or interferes with your ability to function, or causes you to do socially unacceptable things, then there ya go...probably pathological. That said....obsessing over our chairs isn't all that different from somebody AB obsessing over a hotrod, is it? (Course our obsession over wheelchairs is rather necessary...unless we want to get stuck with something crappy cheap-tastic and be miserable or unsafe just doing ADLs.) I hope you get to try an Icon soon!
    Tourette's Syndrome - motor tics of the legs, feet and back, which can make it difficult or impossible to walk

Jeff was suppose to have a conference call with my *new* DME today at 4pm. I think I am going to go insane with speculation as to whether they are going to work with him or not. ARGH!
    E
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Sitting on pins and needles with you Essie. Hope it all happens.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I would say obsession is a form of humanity.
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Visit my hand controls website for more information.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

You can also see my story here.