Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: I'm 2 yrs into the SCI world being told a cure is coming

I've been injured for 17yrs next month.

We are light years ahead of where we were in 1995.

I guess it's easier for me to be optimistic because I see first-hand what Dr. Young is putting in place so that therapies can be tested efficiently. ChinaSCINet took 7 years to establish and now has 26 SCI Centers to test promising therapies. The foundation has been laid and future trials will be run more efficiently. These people are super motivated and dedicated.

Add SCINetUSA, Norway, and possibly India to the Network and things will really get going. Significant progress/return of function is on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

I guess it's easier for me to be optimistic because I see first-hand what Dr. Young is putting in place so that therapies can be tested efficiently. ChinaSCINet took 7 years to establish and now has 26 SCI Centers to test promising therapies. The foundation has been laid and future trials will be run more efficiently. These people are super motivated and dedicated.

Add SCINetUSA, Norway, and possibly India to the Network and things will really get going. Significant progress/return of function is on the horizon.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Jim, is your optimism based on what Wise is doing alone?

Are they all going to test that dangerous drug, lthium?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Good god, I hope you are right. Maybe I'm just living in the past too much. No way of telling who is right though. I guess all my donation money will be going to Wise, that make's the most sense.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
    Jim, is your optimism based on what Wise is doing alone?
    Chris, my optimism is mainly based on Wise's work because I see it first hand. There are many other researchers that are doing great things as well. I think the pace is really going to pick up in the next year or 2.

Lynnifer, i guess it depends where we are at when these other networks are established and ready to go.

It's been a long wait for you Curt but you're still young

This made my day even better now that I seen it coming straight out of someone mouth who sees it first hand THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK TO WISE AND EVERYONE ELSE!!!!

Do a search. This has been discussed every year for the past 11 years (at least). In 2002 when I was injured, there were many posts of "I'm gonna feel my toes in the sand in a few years". Young, back then said "It's not a matter of if, but when".

All these "toes in the sand" posters don't post anymore. Researchers say 10% and we can be nearly normal. We're not even at 1% presently in humans. Yea, I'm negative because that's how I have been conditioned through the years.

I don't know of any other researched malady that has spent so much since the turn of the century and yet has produced so little.

Lynnifer, i guess it depends where we are at when these other networks are established and ready to go.
    I guess it just seems a little 'cart before the horse.'
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Oh my god, padded soaring ugg boots! I can't believe it. As an Australian cleric, I've been looking for these to keep my legs warm...

What the heck is with all this spam!
    L2 incomplete with a pretty bad limp since 10/31/2011.