Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: mounting hand controls on a volvo v70

  1. #1

    mounting hand controls on a volvo v70

    of course my local mobility dealer wants 1100 to do these. my dad usually does mine. anyone have any experience installing these. i use mpd 3500 classic

  2. #2
    If they want $1100 to install new hand controls in a Volvo I think it's a bargain.

    To do a nice clean installation in a Volvo takes time.

    Volvo's much like other european vehicles are usually tricky and need custom stuff made for each application.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

  3. #3
    Wow. That seems so high for just an install. I got a new Toyota last July and used the same hand controls out of my Honda. They ordered a new bracket, removed them from the Honda and installed them on the Toyota for $289.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by offroaderswife View Post
    Wow. That seems so high for just an install. I got a new Toyota last July and used the same hand controls out of my Honda. They ordered a new bracket, removed them from the Honda and installed them on the Toyota for $289.
    i hear ya. other place i called said 930. thing is the bracket on our altima is the bracket mpd says to use for the volvo. the universal strap on.
    then the one place wants to put the stupid foot block on which i have sitting on a shelf.
    my dad did the altima hes going to give the volvo a go.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    of course my local mobility dealer wants 1100 to do these. my dad usually does mine. anyone have any experience installing these. i use mpd 3500 classic
    Mobility Dealers S*ck...

    Just had HC installed in a bmw, the installer and manufacture told me $700 for the install and $500 for the special mount.

    Had a friends son do it, took him two hours and he had never seen HC. Works great and turned out great. Oh, didn't need a special mount used the mount from the last install.

    good luck!!!
    Living the Dream, C6/C7 incomplete.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Mobility Dealers S*ck...

    Just had HC installed in a bmw, the installer and manufacture told me $700 for the install and $500 for the special mount.

    Had a friends son do it, took him two hours and he had never seen HC. Works great and turned out great. Oh, didn't need a special mount used the mount from the last install.

    good luck!!!
    yah, i hear you. the prices are absurd. now that i know i have the correct bracket, im confident my dad can do it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    7,722
    Yeah, should be real easy...just a big clamp with the universal mount to the steering column shaft. Dont be afraid to trim and tunnel through plastic stuff to make a nice neat tucked in install.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Yeah, should be real easy...just a big clamp with the universal mount to the steering column shaft. Dont be afraid to trim and tunnel through plastic stuff to make a nice neat tucked in install.
    our thoughts too. the altima was fairly simple.

  9. #9
    That's good news , glad all worked out .

Similar Threads

  1. Hand-e-holder For Mounting iOS Devices
    By Yor in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 11:55 AM
  2. Hand Controls
    By steveinflorida in forum Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 04:42 PM
  3. hand controls ??
    By goredeisel in forum Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 12:30 AM
  4. Wanted: Mounting brackets for Monarch hand controls
    By Oldtimer in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 10:56 AM
  5. Two for one, hand controls
    By IKU in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 07:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •