Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incline everyday

Incline everyday

Attached pictures are driveway I go up and down everyday. Even take the trash up.

In a wheelchair or what?
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    attached pictures are driveway i go up and down everyday. Even take the trash up.
    wow!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

That has to be fun going down in the right chair, except it isn't straight. How long of a climb is it back up? I live in the city on a corner lot on a slight hill. When I am out in the front street and want to get to the back alley, I wheel up a hill like that, but probably not nearly as long.

Impressive.

Attached pictures are driveway I go up and down everyday. Even take the trash up.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Wow, I couldn't do that everyday especially if I was having a bad shoulder or wrist day. Uphill and off-camber, that's a heck of a push. Very pretty though.

My oh my, is that your home in the distance off to the left with the red roof?

Folks.....This is done in a Quickie 2. My dog is even taken for a walk from there and we head around the block when the weather is nice. That even has 1 relatively slow incline immediately at the end of the driveway for maybe 2000-3000'. I get a small break and then a rather steep short hill. Once that is done, a slow ride downhill maybe 1000'. Yes it took time, but I am DETERMINED. This was certainly why I felt comfortable talking about COG.

Also...I do NOT go up that hill forward. That would be impossible. The tippers on my chair are in the garbage. They probably would break from the force. I go up the hil backwards and come down forward. If the hill is wet, that is really a lot of fun. Sometimes end up sliding down the hill and my hands hanve the wheels locked. I cannot stop. I have come down the hill backwards, but that was when I tried to go up it when it was wet, thinking I could. I get so far and then just start sliding down the hill.

nonoise that is not my home. I will insert that here.