Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your COG???

How do you measure it?

I've got the wheels on my Kuschall K4 on the forward setting and it's pretty tippy, exactly how I like it. It gets interesting when I've got a backpack on the back! Hills are no problem as long as you can keep momentum up, lean forward and push hard!
    Last edited by SuprSi; 10-08-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: added detail
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Quote Originally Posted by Essie View Post
    @grommet I am so happy you caught yourself on that one.... I was about to do some serious tease on your butt :P
    Yeah I got that one very wrong. Still trying to picture how that much COG would work. Wouldn't you need to have reallllly long legs waaay out in front of you? Otherwise I would think the moment you sat in the chair it would flip. But it's a pet peeve of mine having other people tell me that I've got my chair set up wrong when what I'm doing works for me. To each his/her own. I would like to see a picture though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    6-6.5" COG? Wow! I would love to see that. Got a pic?
    I believe this early ZR2 is around 6.0"...

It was used by the Vice-President of Marketing at TiLite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD7U1...ure=plpp_video

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post

He is one tall dude!
    E
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Talking

Wait, anodized green with tatoos... Isn't that a "Jeff Adams' Special"? (http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=175816)
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Yeah I can see that. But I'm guessing that's 7 inches of dump. When I had almost 6 inches of dump my COG was way forward and it wasn't much of a problem. I'm at 3 inches of dump now and 2.25-2.5 inches is my max. Nice looking chair by the way.

In the video he carries a heavy bag under his front seat, carries nothing on his backrest, and is thin. I carry very little under my seat, a heavy backpack on my backrest, and have a big gut. My CoG is 2.25; his is 6. I can see why.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 10-09-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

The angle of his backrest makes this COG doable. If the backrest was at a 90 degree angle to seat tube he would fall right over backward. If I had to ride in that chair I would have permanent, ongoing heartburn and indigestion and would feel folded in half.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I also have a fair amount of dump.

No wonder your BP takes so long.

I ask this because I AM an idiot. I assume a chair like the picture holds into the seat. I also assume a very low dump reduces falling backwards. My question though is what is the primary or multiple functions your are getting out of a chair like this or moving that COG forward. I guess if helps "hop" up something. It probably does other, but aren't all of these things I said here, with exception of falling out, a minimal amount of time compared to the total amount of time the chair is used in a single day?