Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your COG???

Question What's your COG???

After reading a thread and COG being the main topic I wondered what other's have their COG set at. I've got mine set at 4.50".

So what is your COG set at?
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

Quote Originally Posted by stumpybushman View Post
    After reading a thread and COG being the main topic I wondered what other's have their COG set at. I've got mine set at 4.50".

So what is your COG set at?
    If you look through the CAD repository sticky you'll see lots of COG settings.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    If you look through the CAD repository sticky you'll see lots of COG settings.
    True and I did but not everyone has a CAD drawing there. The question was just in general.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

I'm going to have to look up wtf this means. I have no idea, but I will have another two fingers of Jameson.

17x16 TR3 3.25" (approx)

TiLite says 3.5" is the furthest back the TR3 with the round back frame can be set, but I managed to set it back an extra .25" or so. 3.5 was okay, just a little tippier than I prefer.

Keep in mind that the relative tippiness of chair is the result of a confluence of factors, not just COG: back angle, back height, dump, Schulte dimension . . .

I always carry a loaded backpack, so my CoG is at about 2.25. And I grocery shop with a cloth bag hung on my backrest. When I have gallons of liquids in the bag, my chair is super tippy; I have to work to keep the casters on the ground (that's another reason I keep anti-tippers installed).
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

6-6.5" depends on which wheelchair.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss