Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead: Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by anban View Post
    Michonne definitely did not die. You can see her in the last scene, she is still sitting in the SUV as they arrive back at the prison compound.
    Oh, missed that. Damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    TFF... That's hilarious.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    Oh, missed that. Damn it.

You got to pay attention to important details lol

I was disappointed in the finale. I thought the Christmas finale was better.

I know they wanted to give Andrea a glorious send off but I was getting so annoyed with her that I could have done without that part. How long can it take for a normal person to pick up pliers with their toes anyway? lol

I think I might read the comics this summer. Not usually my genre but I am intrigued.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

We have this great series now on free to air here, not sure what series we are into, but I have to say this.

This series, The Walking Dead has just convinced me how awesome this show really is. In the last episode They finally breached, violently, Herschell's barn full of walkers. What fucking floored me was when the young girl Sophia they'd been searching for came stumbling, loping out of the barn as a now complete raving deady (i did suspect as much). We, I, finally had to get my head around why Herschell could not bring himself to kill his now zombiefied family members. Truly shocking. I felt most sorry for Herschell and the kids mother. I felt for Andrew Lincoln's character who had to volunteer to deliver the medicine with his nickel plated .44

I have sort of followed this show very tentatively mainly because I am a massive chickenshit when it comes to horror and my logical brain could not suspend belief enough to believe in a dystopian present day with zombies walking the streets etc. But jeez, I'm hooked now. A great tv series with a great story and characters.

I reckon I'd be fucked if zombies appeared i'd totally get eaten within the first day, I doubt zombies know how to operate wheelchairs or know which car parks they are allowed to use.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Quote Originally Posted by WahWah View Post
    We have this great series now on free to air here, not sure what series we are into, but I have to say this.

This series, The Walking Dead has just convinced me how awesome this show really is. In the last episode They finally breached, violently, Herschell's barn full of walkers. What fucking floored me was when the young girl Sophia they'd been searching for came stumbling, loping out of the barn as a now complete raving deady (i did suspect as much). We, I, finally had to get my head around why Herschell could not bring himself to kill his now zombiefied family members. Truly shocking. I felt most sorry for Herschell and the kids mother. I felt for Andrew Lincoln's character who had to volunteer to deliver the medicine with his nickel plated .44

I have sort of followed this show very tentatively mainly because I am a massive chickenshit when it comes to horror and my logical brain could not suspend belief enough to believe in a dystopian present day with zombies walking the streets etc. But jeez, I'm hooked now. A great tv series with a great story and characters.

I reckon I'd be fucked if zombies appeared i'd totally get eaten within the first day, I doubt zombies know how to operate wheelchairs or know which car parks they are allowed to use.
    The show is awesome. If the barn episode was your last, you have 38 episodes to go to catch up to the current series here in the USA. You are in for more shocking episodes to come. Yeah, we would be meals on wheels in a zombie apocalypse.
    By the way, Rick's pistol is a .357 Magnum Colt Python revolver.

Oh yeah, this series is awesome. On new year's eve there was a marathon that had all the seasons to date which I dvr'ed, and watched. Totally turned onto and loving the series after watching that, cant wait to see what's going to happen with the Terminus situation this fall

Speaking of the Python, wish I had one to brandish while watching...or an M9. Might be fun to join in the action on the screen, lol. (unloaded of course...)

She-it 38 episodes?! I think Walking Dead is on pay tv here and that is running concurrent with the US series, im watching on free to air so yeah ive got 38? eps to watch oh well, better hit up my ps3 or apple tv to stream em!

Oh hey Rick, I'm grateful for the correction on Rick's piece...I'm going to look it up just for general interest, its a motherf...er of a shooting iron!

Andy, how practically easy is it to buy a gun like that in the US?....if so might be an interesting investment, if you aren't a shooter, yeah, keep it as an unloaded conversation piece....and whats an M9? I have to go look at guns now lolz
    Last edited by WahWah; 05-04-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

You could legally buy that pistol fairly easily for 2000-3000 dollars... (and passing a background check)
    In my opinion though, a .357 is overkill and inappropriate for killing zombies. I would prefer a suppressed .22 pistol and/or rifle, a lightweight recurve bow and a samurai sword. The .22 ammo would be easier to find, and with a suppressor is virtually silent, so you don't attract more zombies. A recurve bow is quicker than a crossbow and you could make your own arrows, and a samurai sword, well it needs no explaining. Perhaps I'm over-thinking the subject. lol

Samurai sword, lol . Definitely a cool way to handle matters. I think you gotta be careful where you step though at times depending on how you used it, no?

M9 is a Baretta 92. I think you can get some fairly authentic recreations of it from Airsoft, and I've seen some Japanese replicas years ago that do nothing but are quite authentic, might be good for Australia gun issues that might get in the way of this idea

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Samurai sword, lol . Definitely a cool way to handle matters. I think you gotta be careful where you step though at times depending on how you used it, no?
    That's why you need more than one type of weapon, when fighting the Walking Dead.

You guys think the 'solution' will be that the dead just rot away eventually removing the threat? Some of the zombies are looking rather...liquefied, lately