Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: The Walking Dead: Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    You guys think the 'solution' will be that the dead just rot away eventually removing the threat? Some of the zombies are looking rather...liquefied, lately
    Well since the living become walkers, if they don't have a cure, extinction is inevitable. Which is sort of a good ending... if you're into dystopian endings.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Samurai sword, lol . Definitely a cool way to handle matters. I think you gotta be careful where you step though at times depending on how you used it, no?

M9 is a Baretta 92. I think you can get some fairly authentic recreations of it from Airsoft, and I've seen some Japanese replicas years ago that do nothing but are quite authentic, might be good for Australia gun issues that might get in the way of this idea
    Oh hey yeah a Baretta...like Riggs in Lethal Weapon...lol. For me I've always been a big fan of the .45 Colt Long Slide/with Laser site Arnie used in the first Terminator movie...from what I've seen on the net it's a very rare weapon indeed.

Hey Andy, you used to be able to mail order these really cool replica and airsoft pistols through this rather disreputable magazine we had in Aus called "the Post". It was the type of mag with usually a hot (cheap) blonde in a bikini on the cover and stories about alien abduction and pap pics of drunk celebs etc. In the early 90's they cracked down severely on automatic and semi auto firearms, replicas and anything other than target air pistols/rifles, shotguns, bolt actions etc. got banned. Thing is though Australia's crime underworld is armed to the teeth with all sorts of firearms regardless of any banned lists. Gun crime is pretty bad here considering our population and stringent gun laws.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    You could legally buy that pistol fairly easily for 2000-3000 dollars... (and passing a background check)
    In my opinion though, a .357 is overkill and inappropriate for killing zombies. I would prefer a suppressed .22 pistol and/or rifle, a lightweight recurve bow and a samurai sword. The .22 ammo would be easier to find, and with a suppressor is virtually silent, so you don't attract more zombies. A recurve bow is quicker than a crossbow and you could make your own arrows, and a samurai sword, well it needs no explaining. Perhaps I'm over-thinking the subject. lol
    Hey no way, pretty sensible opinion I'd say. Like, from what I notice it looks to be that the changed situation in society is really only in it's first stages...Medical supplies seem relatively abundant, cars still operate...there must be gasolene around and i suppose the ammo for the weapons they use must be relatively easy to come by...but yeah for how long? As you suggest .22 rounds would be very easy to source and the less noise made to attract zombie attention would be a huge factor. Great idea on the samurai sword. In the time of the Shoguns the Katana's where tested on slaves...ie the best swords would be expected to cut through from shoulder to hip in one a one swipe. Perfect Zombie slaying tool.

I got "The Last of Us" game on ps3 for christmas, in that game society has been dealing with zombie infection far longer and weaponry, medicine and working vehicle supply is in a far worse state. Good game that one by the way.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

It wasn't my idea for the sword... you'll see pretty soon on the show. As for gasoline, today's gas has additives that, after a few years, will turn into a black sludge. I had to replace my rear gas tank and fuel pump in my van. I hadn't used it for years (I used the front tank but it went bad too). Anyhow, when the tank came off, it was half liquid, half tar. But movies and TV don't have to deal with reality... especially when zombies are concerned. lol

Daryl's crossbow looks cool, but its not practical for a fast-paced world of the walking dead. A lightweight recurve bow would be a quick, quiet killing machine, plus you could make your own arrows. Hell, you could make the bow too. Ammo, when stored properly could last decades. If not, probably a few years or so. Sub-sonic .22 ammo is super quiet when you add a suppressor/silencer. But eventually the ammo will run out, so a bow and sword would be necessary at some time.

That game sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by WahWah View Post
    . Gun crime is pretty bad here considering our population and stringent gun laws.
    Shhhh, don't say that on the politics forum, you might short-circuit some of the great minds there, lol

I'm sort of thinking some .22 shorts in something like a Ruger auto pistol (modd'ed somehow to accept them) would make a good quiet zombie eliminator. Or one could just drag around some pet zombies to solve that feeding issue...trying to keep from being a spoiler here

back in the 80's prior to aussie gun law restrictions my mate had a Ruger .22 Semi Auto rifle...nice little gun that.

Yep a quiet little .22 would be great for those stealth missions to grab some medicine, booze, ammo or (hopefully still good) gasolene.

How about a Zombie massacre though?...dynamite, grenades, flame thrower?...for me if a mini gun could be got hold of imagine the fun that would ensue!

You might be onto something there...a quite effective 'herd' solution, lol. But would that attract even more? I dunno .

Wow i will watch it but i like the previous episode so much

Shit Man!!...those mini guns are awesome...zombies have no chance in the face of that! Also a bit less dangerous for the user than a flame thrower!

There's this awesome scene in World War Z where these guys are flying over a massive crowd of zombies in fighter jets. The radio crackles "light 'em up" and then hell fire is rained upon the zombified with missiles...lol...awesome.