Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All I can do anymore is cry :( :( :(....

Have you ever tried Vicodin ?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin83 View Post
    Have you ever tried Vicodin ?
    Countless times. It does absolutely nothing. After my last hospital stay they sent me home with Fentynal which made a small impact. At least I didnt want to jump out of my skin but, I run out of that tomorrow and dont have anymore refills since I cant get into the unhelpful pain doc till the 18th .

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Becky you cant just not take fentanyl. The withdrawal is not nice at all. Keep an eye on your glucose levels if you go into withdrawal. drink gator aid too. they never last the 72 hours either. maybe that is why your pain is so bad too. changing to a new fentanyl patch at 48-56 hours prevents the withdrawal happening every time you need a new patch. I had no trouble getting the prescription changed when I told them I was withdrawing by 72 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    After my last hospital stay they sent me home with Fentynal which made a small impact. At least I didnt want to jump out of my skin but, I run out of that tomorrow and dont have anymore refills since I cant get into the unhelpful pain doc till the 18th .

Becky
    They didn';t give you enough to last until you could get it refilled? It isn;t one of those drugs you can just stop. You should call you gp and ask what you should do about this (specified gp, as it seems she is the most helpful of your doctors, otherwise, it would really be the pain doc you shoudl talk to.)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I called the GP this morning and she is going to try to get me to see the other pain doc. She also refilled my perscription for the Fentynal so I didnt have to deal with issues from not having that, thankfully! That is exactly what I was thinking and was afraid of which is partially why I was freaking out. Now I just have to hope that the GP can get through to the scheduling people at the pain center..... fingers beyond crossed because I cant deal with the crap that the current doc Im scheduled with might pull.

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Hope your GP will be able to work around the restrictions at the pain clinic - since doctors call the shots, she ought to be able to make it happen! And I'm very glad that she renewed your Fentanyl.

I second the lack of relief for 72 hrs with a fentynal patch after a little over two days relief dropped like a rock for me too.. I have been in your shoes and cannot tell you how much difference the RIGHT Dr. Made in my life keep trying, i know its hard your tired, in pain and just want it to end but if you can find a Dr. Who really wants to help, willing to try different combos until you get some relief things will get better...keep trying.