Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All I can do anymore is cry :( :( :(....

All I can do anymore is cry :( :( :(....

This pain is just way to overwhelming!!! I dont even know what to say anymore about any of this. I feel like Im going to pass out almost every waking moment from this pain but I have to just put as much of a smile on my face as I can . I just honestly dont know if I can anymore. My GP gave me a referral to the pain clinic again at the local hospital. When I went to make an appointment with a different doctor in the practice, the lady at the desk wouldnt give me an appointment with that doctor. Instead, she told me I had to see the doctor I had seen previously. I told her I stopped coming to see this doctor because he did not help me in the slightest and made me feel like my pain was a joke and waste of his time. I have been in bed trying to get comfortable for almost 2 hours but the only thing I have managed to do is cry for those 2 hours because I am in such agony, I feel so alone, so desperate, and just sick- and cold from feeling so sick. I just want/need ALL of this to stop!! I would gladly take death over ANY of this in a heart beat!!!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

After another 2 hours, Im no where closer to sleep or, more importantly, being without pain . Please kill me !!!!

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Praying you find comfort, peace and hope.!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    This pain is just way to overwhelming!!! I dont even know what to say anymore about any of this. I feel like Im going to pass out almost every waking moment from this pain but I have to just put as much of a smile on my face as I can . I just honestly dont know if I can anymore. My GP gave me a referral to the pain clinic again at the local hospital. When I went to make an appointment with a different doctor in the practice, the lady at the desk wouldnt give me an appointment with that doctor. Instead, she told me I had to see the doctor I had seen previously. I told her I stopped coming to see this doctor because he did not help me in the slightest and made me feel like my pain was a joke and waste of his time. I have been in bed trying to get comfortable for almost 2 hours but the only thing I have managed to do is cry for those 2 hours because I am in such agony, I feel so alone, so desperate, and just sick- and cold from feeling so sick. I just want/need ALL of this to stop!! I would gladly take death over ANY of this in a heart beat!!!
    Becky
    Such a frustrating situation for you! I am hoping you will pursue your desire to see another physician - if it's at the same pain clinic, suggest just stating "we didn't click and I need another doctor". They are probably protective of their staff and didn't accept your view.
    If they won't proceed, please consider using the same approach, bypassing any person-centered criticism, and ask your GP for another referral - until you get someone you can work with. It seems that somewhere with a "team" approach may help you. Hope you stay with CC too.

I am so sorry, Becky.
    Two thoughts:
    1 Would your GP be willing to speak to this practice on your behalf? If the GP asks for you to see someone in particular, it will happen. Office staff are often obstructive to patients, but if an MD says something, they kowtow.
    2 Is there another pain clinic in your area?
    with hugs and sincere best wishes for some relief,
    - Richard

I think Richard is right, Becky...explain to your GP that you want to see another doctor at the pain clinic and are being refused that option; ask the GP to call on your behalf.

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I hadnt really thought that even though a certain docs name was written on the referral that it would be denied me to see THAT doc. I'll have to call the GP on Monday and see if she would be willing to do that.....sigh. Seriously, why do we pay them anyway? I mean, we are practically doing their jobs anyway....

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Hope you can at least find periods of relief from pain until then, Becky!

I'm sorry to hear about your distress. Of course, you're at the end of your rope. I hope you can discuss this with your GP when their office opens this week. You shouldn't have to go through pain to this extent. Let us know how you do.