Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Tire size helpppppp

  1. #1

    Exclamation Tire size helpppppp

    i just bought a pair of spin energy wheels, 25 0r 559 size
    they came with 25 x1 tires, what other size tires i could use on this rims?, i want bigger tires or knobby, any one know of the options?
    thankssssssss
    can i go 25 x2 , or i dont knoww

    help
    Last edited by police1834; 10-04-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: spelling

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by police1834 View Post
    i just bought a pair of spin energy wheels, 25 0r 559 size
    they came with 25 x1 tires, what other size tires i could use on this rims?, i want bigger tires or knobby, any one know of the options?
    thankssssssss
    can i go 25 x2 , or i dont knoww

    help
    Go to a bikeshop and buy a mtb bike 26" tire.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Skogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    S. Minnesota
    Posts
    423
    A wide tire will fit fine. The tire shown an my hunting chair in progress is http://www.sportaid.com/kenda-nevega...air-tires.html

    The things rock, I used the wheels on my current ZRA2 to test out this spring and they float over the terrain well.

    Attachment 46793

  4. #4
    The 559 rims can accommodate a wide range of tire widths. IMO 559 are the most versatile wheel size because of the huge quantity of tire width and tread choices. I just ordered my first set of 559 rims because of this. They are coming with Scwalbe MPE 25x559, but I'm considering buying some Kenda Kobra 50x559 tires for winter/snow use.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

    "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    The 559 rims can accommodate a wide range of tire widths. IMO 559 are the most versatile wheel size because of the huge quantity of tire width and tread choices. I just ordered my first set of 559 rims because of this. They are coming with Scwalbe MPE 25x559, but I'm considering buying some Kenda Kobra 50x559 tires for winter/snow use.


    " so pretty much any tire that says 559 could be used on this rims?
    like 40-559 50-559 and so on?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by police1834 View Post
    " so pretty much any tire that says 559 could be used on this rims?
    like 40-559 50-559 and so on?
    Yes . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

    "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Go to a bikeshop and buy a mtb bike 26" tire.
    thanks

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Yes . . .
    thanks

  9. #9
    Senior Member NW-Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Posts
    1,801
    some of the tires that will fit your rims.

    23-559 - 25x1"
    25-559 - 26x1"
    30-559 - 26x1.25"
    32-559 - 26x1.3"
    35-559 - 26x1.35"
    35-559 - 26x1.4" - according to Michelin bike tires
    37-559 - 26x1.4"
    38-559 - 26x1.50"
    40-559 - 26x1.50"
    42-559 - 26x1.60"
    44-559 - 26x1.75" - according to Michelin bike tires
    47-559 - 26x1.75" -(or 26 x 1.75 x 2) (sometimes labelled 26 x 1.85 or 26 x 1.90)
    47-559 - 26x1.85" - according to Michelin bike tires
    50-559 - 26x1.90"
    50-559 - 26x1.95" - according to Michelin bike tires
    50-559 - 26x2.00"
    51-559 - 26x1.95"
    52-559 - 26x2.00" - according to Michelin bike tires
    54-559 - 26x2.00"
    54-559 - 26x2.10"
    54-559 - 26x2.125" - according to Michelin bike tires
    55-559 - 26x2.15"
    56-559 - 26x2.2" - according to Michelin bike tires
    57-559 - 26x2.10"
    57-559 - 26x2.125"
    57-559 - 26x2.25"
    57-559 - 26x2.30"
    58-559 - 26x2.3" - according to Michelin bike tires
    60-559 - 26x2.35" - according to Michelin bike tires
    60-559 - 26x2.35"
    62-559 - 26x2.50"
    62-559 - 26x2.8" - according to Michelin bike tires
    75-559 - 26x3.00"

  10. #10
    Thanks every one NW great answer

Similar Threads

  1. Tire Size
    By Wanderlust in forum Equipment
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 06:46 AM
  2. Getting rid of the tire......
    By KiranA in forum Exercise & Recovery
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 01:07 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 10:31 PM
  4. Tire size??
    By Herco16 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 07:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •