Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: audi a4 avant wagon ???????

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I don't really agree that european cars are superior to others. Especially buying one used they can be major headaches and expense. Cars like Caddy's, chevy's, fords have their share of problems too, but a lot of problems are minor compared to Beamers and Mercs. Even the new BMW M5's have a major oil pump problem that when the oil pump fails it takes out the engine, they are asking customers not to drive their cars until they come up with a replacement pump, can you image that, having spent over 100K on a car and they are telling you not to drive it?

A lot of the Japenese cars are good, how about a Honda Odessy or Fit John? Or even one of those Toyota wagons, can't remember the name. They are not bad looking cars and are very reliable.
    Actually that example of the 5 series is actually pretty poor I have to agree.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I don't really agree that european cars are superior to others. Especially buying one used they can be major headaches and expense. Cars like Caddy's, chevy's, fords have their share of problems too, but a lot of problems are minor compared to Beamers and Mercs. Even the new BMW M5's have a major oil pump problem that when the oil pump fails it takes out the engine, they are asking customers not to drive their cars until they come up with a replacement pump, can you image that, having spent over 100K on a car and they are telling you not to drive it?

A lot of the Japenese cars are good, how about a Honda Odessy or Fit John? Or even one of those Toyota wagons, can't remember the name. They are not bad looking cars and are very reliable.
    How many euro cars have you owned? I've own both and EVERY car has problems. I owned Datsun, Toyota and currently own VW(aircooled), Chev, Chrysler, and Audi. They all have issues as they age, but the Chrysler has had the most issues and it is the newest (2010)

I do all my own work and while the Audi('01 S4 twin turbo Avant/wagon) has it's issues, they are nothing out of the ordinary for any car of that age. I've modded mine to put down 400 wheel hp and it is very reliable even at twice stock hp.

People ignorant of specific makes tend to make judgements based on heresy and not fact. Pick a mark and then visit the forums that cater to that maker. You will find out all you need to know on those forums...not here on Cure Care.

Quote Originally Posted by swharris View Post
    How many euro cars have you owned? I've own both and EVERY car has problems. I owned Datsun, Toyota and currently own VW(aircooled), Chev, Chrysler, and Audi. They all have issues as they age, but the Chrysler has had the most issues and it is the newest (2010)

I do all my own work and while the Audi('01 S4 twin turbo Avant/wagon) has it's issues, they are nothing out of the ordinary for any car of that age. I've modded mine to put down 400 wheel hp and it is very reliable even at twice stock hp.

People ignorant of specific makes tend to make judgements based on heresy and not fact. Pick a mark and then visit the forums that cater to that maker. You will find out all you need to know on those forums...not here on Cure Care.
    I use to own a car dealer and actually specialized in cars like MB Benz and other foreign cars. I can say 100 percent maintenance and repair costs are much more expensive on Audi's/BMW's/MB's than most American cars, I say "most" you do have a point that Chryslers/Dodge/Plymouths don't have a great repair record.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred