Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: audi a4 avant wagon ???????

Quote Originally Posted by swimcrankpush View Post
    Just checked its basically level, I ride 25" wheels and I would say I am within an inch or two +/- getting into the car

The v70xc is a few inches higher but not much my dad has one and that will be my next car unless I can get funding for a lamborghini

And yup less then an Audi
    quick question, would just your force r and reg chair fit in the a4. volvo only makes the crossover now. not much v70 stock out there, v50 thou, theres a few. i need to go through a dealer so i can trade in my altima. i dont want to screw around selling it myself.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Not sure if it will fit in an a4 I still have to remove the rear wheel on mine and I think the a4 is not as long. The R is a long bike.

XC70 is what my dad drives not a v70xc its my next car you should look at that.

thx guys. we lucked out and found a mint v70 2008 with 34k miles, certified preowned 6 year 100k warranty. it was a houswifes care. all maintenance done at the volvo dealer. just came in on trade 2 days prior....... perfect for our needs.

you were right the a4 avant was sharp but hella small.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I'm getting a CTS-V wagon which is a 556 hp hotrod but a real gas hog.
    That's one effing amazing wagon! Do you know how the cargo area(rear seats up) compares to the 5 Series wagon?

25 cubic feet with the rear seats up and 122 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down. The V wagon is essentially the same car as the Sedan or Coupe, just a different body. Very expensive car though to buy, operate and tires are not cheap either @ 500 bucks each.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Heres a cool video of the Caddy CTS-V Wagon at Nurburgring in German, long video but fun if your a car enthusiest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnhtWRVSgdk
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Any european car is far superior to anything else on the road. You buy second though, you need to do 3 things.

1. try your best to buy the thing from a dealer that is the dealer of that brand. I was lucky enough to even buy my beemer from the exact dealer that sold the car to it's original owners. BMW, MB Audi all have dedicated pre-owned programs that only sell cars that they approve of (usually trade-ins for owners whom update).

2. History, you might be able to pick up a car from a wholesaler that is actually very good, even if it has 5 owners and even higher kms/miles IF it has a bulletproof history. look in the books etc. for servicing history etc. again the big brand dealers usually have cream of the crop second hand cars with a history of scheduled servicing and had had no issues.

3. Some older german cars say up to 1990? used timing belts, that need scheduled compulsory replacement, if a car throws this belt the pistons will strike the valves and will destroy the engine. Go for a car (say past 2000) that uses a timing chain, it never needs replacement.

ALL cars will require certain repairs at certain times in it's life, over and above simple servicing, and that is an unavoidable fact for cars no matter if they are built in japan, U.S. Aussie, Italy, Korea or Gemany.

An Audi A4 Avante is a fine car, if it fits all ya shit go for it!
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Quote Originally Posted by WahWah View Post
    Any european car is far superior to anything else on the road. You buy second though, you need to do 3 things.

1. try your best to buy the thing from a dealer that is the dealer of that brand. I was lucky enough to even buy my beemer from the exact dealer that sold the car to it's original owners. BMW, MB Audi all have dedicated pre-owned programs that only sell cars that they approve of (usually trade-ins for owners whom update).

2. History, you might be able to pick up a car from a wholesaler that is actually very good, even if it has 5 owners and even higher kms/miles IF it has a bulletproof history. look in the books etc. for servicing history etc. again the big brand dealers usually have cream of the crop second hand cars with a history of scheduled servicing and had had no issues.

3. Some older german cars say up to 1990? used timing belts, that need scheduled compulsory replacement, if a car throws this belt the pistons will strike the valves and will destroy the engine. Go for a car (say past 2000) that uses a timing chain, it never needs replacement.

ALL cars will require certain repairs at certain times in it's life, over and above simple servicing, and that is an unavoidable fact for cars no matter if they are built in japan, U.S. Aussie, Italy, Korea or Gemany.

An Audi A4 Avante is a fine car, if it fits all ya shit go for it!
    I don't really agree that european cars are superior to others. Especially buying one used they can be major headaches and expense. Cars like Caddy's, chevy's, fords have their share of problems too, but a lot of problems are minor compared to Beamers and Mercs. Even the new BMW M5's have a major oil pump problem that when the oil pump fails it takes out the engine, they are asking customers not to drive their cars until they come up with a replacement pump, can you image that, having spent over 100K on a car and they are telling you not to drive it?

A lot of the Japenese cars are good, how about a Honda Odessy or Fit John? Or even one of those Toyota wagons, can't remember the name. They are not bad looking cars and are very reliable.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Toyota Prius V. 70" cargo length with the rear seats folded flat.

i love this v70 guys its huge and mint....... certified preowened with 34k miles on it and 6 year 100,ooo mile warranty. so 2 more years of full factory warranty.
    bought from original dealer with all service records. we got very luck.

the a4 is small, but sharp. the caddy was way expensive.

my long wheebase force r slides right in.