Thread: Hand splint for hand/finger extension(open hand) for sleep?

Question Hand splint for hand/finger extension(open hand) for sleep?

Anyone know a good website I could buy a cheap hand splint to stretch out my fingers and hand while I sleep?
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

Do you currently have any tenodesis? If so, it is generally advised to NOT stretch out or hyperextend your fingers but to allow slight contractures to develop (with proper splinting and ROM) to make a tenodesis grip more efficient.

I would assume you do not have a tenodesis at this time, but you still could get enough C6 back (theoretically) to have some tenodesis. I would strongly recommend that you work with a good SCI experienced OT to identify splinting, appropriate ROM exercises, and therapeutic positioning that will enable you to use any tenodesis that comes in over the next few months. If you overstretch, it may not be really functional.

(KLD)

I have been toying with the idea of using kids chinese handcuffs to keep fingers sort of straight, when needed. Can't get any cheaper than that.

No I don't have tenodesis. My hand tightens up but nothing serious. I'm just looking for a hand splint to loosing up my hand a little more..
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery