Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supracor Stimulite Sport

Supracor Stimulite Sport

Any info, comments. In process of buyng chair wth thin firm cushion.

I have been sitting on one daily for about 5 years. I haven't had any skin issues. It is fairly light weight, durable, and easy to take care of. I just throw it in the washing machine when it needs it. My Girl sat on it when I first got it. She said it was more comfortable to her than either the Jay gel cushion or the Roho that I also had at the time. I feel like it supports me well. Overall I am very happy with them. So much so that I have them on all three of my chairs.

I have one for 3 years now, good stuff, the cover is exactly like the same day.
    I have a Roho low profile too, their cover have been improvement, good cushion too.

Bake, Toto, thanx for the input. Simply looking for firm thin, firm to reduce energy absorbtion. Do you reall7 throw in washer? I am sitting on old chair and old Stimulite cushion - contourued. Had a Roho once and it blew up sitting on it. Probably had way too much air in it. Roho definately not for me. They "eat" far too much energy instead of you wheels. Will admit, thie Stimulite DOES stink. Never, ever washed. At least cover always washed.

8 years. I get new cushions every 18 months. They are excellent. No skin issues.

Yep, in a front load washer. That is what their care instructions say to do with them. If you don't have a front load machine you could always wash it in the shower. I let mine dry in the sun.

rlmtrhmiles,

Regarding "... just throw it in the washing machine ..." - please be sure to avoid the use of washers with agitators (i.e., typically, top-loading washing machines) when washing a Stimulite cushion as Bake has said. A washing machine's agitator can tear a Stimulite cushion - any model, including the Sport cushion - into pieces. If you need or want something a tiny bit softer than the Stimulite Sport model, but prefer the same thickness/weight/honeycomb structure, then consider the same manufacturer's Smart cushion.

How the heck do you get it through the door opening on the front-load? I would have to bed the cushion. And the way the front-load works, does it really wash the thing?

Yeah, I have to bend it a little to get it in there. It kinda flops around in there. Doesn't drop all the way to the bottom like clothes do but the soapy water still runs through it. Mine come out looking and smelling better than when they went in.

I love mine.

I used to wash it in my front loader, but last time it got pretty shredded up on one end, so I'm back to washing it by hand (and no, I didn't put it in the washing bag).