Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matrx MX1 carbon fiber back

Matrx MX1 carbon fiber back

I am presently on my second Invacare Motion Conepts Matrx MX1 carbon fiber back and will soon be on my third. This is not an endorsement of the product, it's a problem.

It became necessary to return my first MX1 (still under warranty) because the Velcro attachment strips and the rubber edge trim were both peeling off. The replacement I received also suffers from poor materials and workmanship. The Velcro attachment strip attaching the top of the cushion was not positioned in the correct location: it was placed on the outside of the shell rather than the inside of the shell. The top of the cushion is designed to feed through the oval opening in the back and secure to the inside. More annoying, the back continues to slide down the Mono Mount track regardless of how hard I tighten the screws. (This wasn't an issue with the original MX1 I received.)

So, I have requested yet another replacement. My insurance paid for this Invacare product and if the quality control improves with this next at-bat, I will be otherwise be happy with the MX1. For now, though, it has earned its place in my Hall of Shame.

Hi Stephen-

Thanks for this post. My DME is pushing for this back so this is important information. However, I thought you were using an ADI back. What made you switch?

E
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Quote Originally Posted by Essie View Post
    Hi Stephen-

Thanks for this post. My DME is pushing for this back so this is important information. However, I thought you were using an ADI back. What made you switch?

E
    I have 2 chairs, Essie. The ADI back is on my ZR2, the Matrx is on my old New Halls Wheels chair (you can see the Matrx in profile).

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I am presently on my second Invacare Motion Conepts Matrx MX1 carbon fiber back and will soon be on my third. This is not an endorsement of the product, it's a problem.

It became necessary to return my first MX1 (still under warranty) because the Velcro attachment strips and the rubber edge trim were both peeling off. The replacement I received also suffers from poor materials and workmanship. The Velcro attachment strip attaching the top of the cushion was not positioned in the correct location: it was placed on the outside of the shell rather than the inside of the shell. The top of the cushion is designed to feed through the oval opening in the back and secure to the inside. More annoying, the back continues to slide down the Mono Mount track regardless of how hard I tighten the screws. (This wasn't an issue with the original MX1 I received.)
    I ran into the same issue with the rubber edge trim on the first MX1 we ordered (the plastic edge trim as well). I discovered it is not an easy task to get that rubber section of the edge trim back into place. Hopefully, the problem was limited to the early production runs. We haven't ordered any since that time because it's been a slow year for custom rigid frames. On the other hand, we have prescribed a much greater number of complex rehab powerchairs.

Haha very nice Todd!

I need to order this one:

Is it a 10" tall 6" deep AL?

I had the exact same problems with the velcro and edging on the MX1.

Pat,

Image shows a low height (10"), deep contour (4") with 2 point PRO mounting.

Available in aluminum or carbon shell.

TH

Todd - I thought the 2-point pro mounting hardware wasn't available in the carbon fiber backs. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jgrant27 View Post
    Todd - I thought the 2-point pro mounting hardware wasn't available in the carbon fiber backs. Am I wrong?
    The ADI 2-Point PRO mounting is available worldwide on AL & CF Series Backs. Prior to 2012 we were unable to sell the 2-Point PRO in certain countries due to contractual obligations, however those obligations have ended.

http://adirides.com/seating-systems/...ting-hardware/

Todd

I currently have the fixed hardware, but if I decide I need adjustment, can I replace the hardware with the 2-point? My dme didn't ask me what I wanted...