Thread: Good quality smooth reusable silicone catheter ?

Good quality smooth reusable silicone catheter ?

I have just had a Stricture repaired and will start cathing again again in about 2 weeks time,can anyone recomend a good quality reusable male silicone catheter?
    I cannot afford the single use ones as I have no insurance,the ones I was using before the stricture sometimes felt rough even with plenty of lube?.........

Back when we were recommending catheter reuse, we found the the Rochester Personal straight catheter was the best available for this. Don't recommend reuse now. Are you not eligible for either Medicare or Medicaid?

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragersilver View Post
    I have just had a Stricture repaired and will start cathing again again in about 2 weeks time,can anyone recomend a good quality reusable male silicone catheter?
    I cannot afford the single use ones as I have no insurance,the ones I was using before the stricture sometimes felt rough even with plenty of lube?.........
    My son uses a Cliny Catheter (silicone) for all cathing at home...they last a lot longer than the 12 weeks that I've seen specified for them. Just zap it in the microwave for 5 minutes (in water), and it's ready for it's next use.

He tends to use disposable caths if not at home, but the Cliny does come with a container if you want to take it with you.

Can't comment on the roughness factor...he's got no feeling there....

I'm interested to see KLD's comment about not recommending reuse now. We've never had a problem in 5 years of using this type of catheter.
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

No I have no insurance so reuse is my only option,I will try the rochester and see how that goes.............