Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about how to feel better

My accident was caused by my son in law being careless in a big 4x4 truck. It will be two years, much saddness, wishing it never happened, and I wanted to be mad at someone. I just found out I am not going to get any better, and I want to be able to do all the things before just like you are feeling. In these past 2 years I had to forgive, forgive the person that caused the accident and do alot of soul searching.

It is not whinning, but you have to be able to express how your feelings. You are so young, but I bet somewhere in there you will find some interests. SCI sucks and it involves many people in your life to encourage you. This is a wonderful place for help, questions, and encouragement.

Keep up your strength and no matter what don't give up the fight.
    You are new to this injury dont blame yourself you were on a mission and you sound like a really caring person, wishing you better days ahead. Connect with this community there are some you will get a special bond with...
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Who says you still can't be a fitness nut? Lets see....just off the top of my head on this site, we have:

A mountain climber or trail nut who likes deep snow and sleeping in subzero temps
    Many many extreme cyclists and I love looking at all their pictures
    Marathon cyclers
    Body builders who compete without steroids
    Kayaking crazed nuts
    Extremely nutty people who jump out of planes with parachutes on their backs
    Horse riders and Horse Trainers
    Sailing nuts
    Crazed Tennis players
    Basketball or Rugby lovers
    Motorcycle racing nuts
    Car racing extraordinaires
    Nuts who love challenging the grand canyon on inflatable rafts
    Nuts that like to sleep in tents and wake up to sunrises in remote areas
    We even have hockey players in residence here.
    Dog trainers too

Not really fitness but....
    Anglers reside here at CC and share pictures of their catch...even deep sea farers too
    Avid Hunter nuts
    Even someone who likes to hit up Africa in his spare time and shoot striped creatures some of us don't even know the names of.

Is someone here not a dog frisbee champ too? I can't remember.

Havoc....your life has just changed. Focus that love of life to something else. You can do this. There are alot of old Married crazed nuts here too. I won't even mention the resident Doctors, Pharmacists, Lawyers, Dentists, and other people who passionately follow their dreams every day who reside here at Carecure.

But the thing is...none of here can tell you who you are. You have to find that inside yourself as well as the fight to be the best that you can be.

Roosevelt didn't let Polio keep him from being president.

For everyone else: I use nuts here in the kindest of terms...we all have to be nuts in some way to get this life.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

You'll get passed it. I was in your shoes leaving the exact same post. I still have doubts and bouts, but I can't change anything so I surpress the feelings and move on. I can't say the feelings will go away, but you'll learn to cope. Meeting other ccers in person really helped me deal with my accident and helped me realize it wasn't all over. Once I saw it was possible to live ok and I wasn't going thru it alone, I knew it was time for me to do the same.

Live for the future than can be. Not the one that was in your mind.

You say you were a fitness nut. Don't stop. You live in So Cal. There are tons of activities for you to get involved with. Lots of active people in chairs. You will need to stay a fitness nut if you want to keep up with some of these peeps.

I have not gone through the same kind of loss that you have. I have been disabled since I was 11. I'm 50 now. Life can be good. Give yourself time.... don't give up.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

12 here .. now turning 40!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Birth here, 56 years... and i standby what i said. WHAT PART OF IT OFFENDED.