Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assisted living in Des Moines?

Quote Originally Posted by willingtocope View Post
    I understand what you're saying. I've got a wheelchair van and a first hand look does make sense.

My primary concern is the staff...which is why I'm asking for someone with first hand knowledge...
    My suggestion about meeting your neighbors was because they are great "first hand knowledge" about the staff. Believe me, they will tell you if they would move out, dislike an employee, think someone is great.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

I did manage to get out and look around Sunday. Looks like I'll be going to "The Shores at Pleasant Hill". Went for a visit...met the chef...some of the residents...great setting...apartment isn't huge, but it bigger than I expected. Still some details to work out, but looking good...

I'm really glad to hear you visited.

I hope this transition goes smoothly and makes your life easier.

So glad to hear the visit went pretty well, and that you met some residents. Hoping for a smooth transition for you. Keep us posted on your experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by willingtocope View Post
    I did manage to get out and look around Sunday. Looks like I'll be going to "The Shores at Pleasant Hill". Went for a visit...met the chef...some of the residents...great setting...apartment isn't huge, but it bigger than I expected. Still some details to work out, but looking good...
    Glad you went and checked it out. Hope you have a smooth transition and the new place works out for you.
    Every day I wake up is a good one