Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: zanaflex

If you are having serious problems with spasms, you might want to try the medication, but take only a small dose to start. Give it time to work and also to see how your body reacts to the medication. Different people respond differently!
    CKF

My baclofen pump has been of only marginal benefit since I have had It. ( at any dose). In fact, sometimes I thought it made my spasticity worse. I take Zanaflex 4 mg 6 to 7 times the day. Although not perfect, it's better than anything else I've tried.
    By The way, my daughter, who has Narcolepsy, suggested I try methelphenidate (Ritalin*) if I get drowsy. I take 10 mg before I go to work and it works great.

Please do not self-medicate! Do you know how Ritalin interacts with your other medications? If you want to go on it, even as a prn, PLEASE call your physician
    CKF

If you can get away with taking it at night time I would suggest it. I took it prior to my pump (2000) and it really knocks you out. My pump doesn't seem to be helping with tone and spasticity at night anymore. I'm thinking of trying it again in the evening for comfort. I would suggest you try a half dose first if you're going to take it during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Definitely Tizanidine as the other option and can also try higher dose at night.
    CWO
    where would i find out effect am not really spams more clonis and being so stiff

meds tend to put me in lala land

Talk to your physician or pharmacist.
    CKF

going to try tizaidine tonite

scared to death but.... i am tired of my body being so out of sorts

I bite my 2 mg pills in half during the day with bachlophen and take a whole 2mg pill at night with bachlophen. Ive also learned that I cant take a zanaflex or bachlophen before eating or my bp will floor and I will feel like fainting. so if I'm eating a meal, I always take pills after.

if I am not having tight spasms I dont take a zanaflex. vjls, take a small amount and play it by ear. don't overdo yourself, you should notice a difference within 20 minutes of taking the zanaflex. CKF has good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbv View Post
    I bite my 2 mg pills in half during the day with bachlophen and take a whole 2mg pill at night with bachlophen. Ive also learned that I cant take a zanaflex or bachlophen before eating or my bp will floor and I will feel like fainting. so if I'm eating a meal, I always take pills after.

if I am not having tight spasms I dont take a zanaflex. vjls, take a small amount and play it by ear. don't overdo yourself, you should notice a difference within 20 minutes of taking the zanaflex. CKF has good advice.
    so your bp is affected hm so far i haven/t taken any i have not been to bad but ..

my bp plumments when i eat . its takes 2 to 3 hrs for back to normal got to love sci

I was taking Zanaflex and it made my heart rate to low, like low 30s, I was in the hospital at the time and they had a real hard time waking me. It was kind of scary waking up with eight people standing around the bed
    C4 incomplete since 1985