Thread: Abdo binder / back straightener...

Abdo binder / back straightener...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/No-1-BABAKA-...item336f1b669b

Has anyone seen or used this type of combined abdo-binder and back support?

Any comments?
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

I have never encountered or used the device you reference. My question to you is what are you trying to achieve with this kind of supportive garment? Have you talked to a physical therapist about your concerns?

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I have never encountered or used the device you reference. My question to you is what are you trying to achieve with this kind of supportive garment?GJ
    Trying to minimize the effects of scoliosis (which my son has). He has reasonably good lateral supports in his chair, which (rightly or wrongly) we chose over a rigid trunk support (sorry, forgot the medical name for that), on the basis that the rigid support would not let him be so mobile, picking up toys from the floor etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Have you talked to a physical therapist about your concerns?GJ
    Yes, see above...but I'm not convinced they have any better ideas than us parents (or the knowledge that exists within CC members), hence the reason I posted the question!

We looked at a similar product before, but it was very hard to use. This one seems simple to put on (although that may mean that it doesn't provide sufficient support).

Cheers,
    Gordon
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.