Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on my new TR3

My thoughts on my new TR3

I've had my TR3 for a little over a week now and damn is it nice! I had no clue as to how worn out my old TR was until I got my TR3. The lobby area at my work is tile and with my old chair it sounded like a train on railroad tracks when I'd roll through. My new chair doesn't make a sound and several co-worker's have pointed this out as well. I drive a sedan, so I take my chair apart everyday and I can say that the lower frame tube now being tucked under the chair a little more appears to make the transfer alot smoother and the weight of the new TR3 is so much lighter that it makes the tranfer easier also.
    There's nothing that I don't like about the chair. Great chair in my book!!!
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

Great news, Stumpy. I also have a TR3 on order that will arrive at my house on Monday. I have been hearing a lot of good things about this chair, and when I tested one in Orlando a few weeks ago, I knew it was the right chair for me.

I have an old Kucshall (my original chair from '93) that I am now using because I wore out my Colours Eclipse. Used that chair for about 14 years. I find that I prefer box frames so I'm sure I'll keep the TR for a long time. I may have to change out some parts and polish the frame but I bet I can get 15 or 20 years out of the sucker.

I had 11 yrs on my old TR and it was and still is a nice chair. It now has become my backup chair along with being another toy for my niece and nephew.

My old chair has the polish finish, but I wanted something different this time so I went with the satin finish.
    T4,5,6 Incomplete

Thanks for the review SBM, had a TR, went to the ZR2, going bacK TR.

Where

Quote Originally Posted by stumpybushman View Post
    I've had my TR3 for a little over a week now and damn is it nice! I had no clue as to how worn out my old TR was until I got my TR3. The lobby area at my work is tile and with my old chair it sounded like a train on railroad tracks when I'd roll through. My new chair doesn't make a sound and several co-worker's have pointed this out as well. I drive a sedan, so I take my chair apart everyday and I can say that the lower frame tube now being tucked under the chair a little more appears to make the transfer alot smoother and the weight of the new TR3 is so much lighter that it makes the tranfer easier also.
    Hey stumpybushman,

Where in NE GA are you located? I'm in Braselton

-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by stumpybushman View Post
    Congrats! I have my order going in today.

If you don't mind sharing, what is your configuration? Also, photos.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Thanks for the review SBM, had a TR, went to the ZR2, going bacK TR.
    I love how the ZR looks. Not much to it. However, in the end I chose to go with the TR3.

Hope you're doing well, buddy.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

yup i went from colours box frames through 2 zr and 1 zr2 now tr. i'll never go back to cantilever. also, i highly recommend the solid welded back, this makes the chair so friggin solid. i must say, this is my fave chair in 25 yrs as a gimp, ive had many.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    yup i went from colours box frames through 2 zr and 1 zr2 now tr. i'll never go back to cantilever. also, i highly recommend the solid welded back, this makes the chair so friggin solid. i must say, this is my fave chair in 25 yrs as a gimp, ive had many.
    Yep, solid backs make differences, if i wouldn`t be seating in a Oracing i will be in a full welded RGK Maxlite or a full welded TR.

@jbridges9 I'm about 15 miles east of Helen.

@ResonantEcho Here's the link to my post with pics and spec's. I also added my CAD drawing to the CAD sticky.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=200294
    T4,5,6 Incomplete