Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: My thoughts on my new TR3

  1. #1

    My thoughts on my new TR3

    I've had my TR3 for a little over a week now and damn is it nice! I had no clue as to how worn out my old TR was until I got my TR3. The lobby area at my work is tile and with my old chair it sounded like a train on railroad tracks when I'd roll through. My new chair doesn't make a sound and several co-worker's have pointed this out as well. I drive a sedan, so I take my chair apart everyday and I can say that the lower frame tube now being tucked under the chair a little more appears to make the transfer alot smoother and the weight of the new TR3 is so much lighter that it makes the tranfer easier also.
    There's nothing that I don't like about the chair. Great chair in my book!!!
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    2,698
    Great news, Stumpy. I also have a TR3 on order that will arrive at my house on Monday. I have been hearing a lot of good things about this chair, and when I tested one in Orlando a few weeks ago, I knew it was the right chair for me.

    I have an old Kucshall (my original chair from '93) that I am now using because I wore out my Colours Eclipse. Used that chair for about 14 years. I find that I prefer box frames so I'm sure I'll keep the TR for a long time. I may have to change out some parts and polish the frame but I bet I can get 15 or 20 years out of the sucker.

  3. #3
    I had 11 yrs on my old TR and it was and still is a nice chair. It now has become my backup chair along with being another toy for my niece and nephew.

    My old chair has the polish finish, but I wanted something different this time so I went with the satin finish.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

  4. #4
    Thanks for the review SBM, had a TR, went to the ZR2, going bacK TR.

  5. #5

    Where

    Quote Originally Posted by stumpybushman View Post
    I've had my TR3 for a little over a week now and damn is it nice! I had no clue as to how worn out my old TR was until I got my TR3. The lobby area at my work is tile and with my old chair it sounded like a train on railroad tracks when I'd roll through. My new chair doesn't make a sound and several co-worker's have pointed this out as well. I drive a sedan, so I take my chair apart everyday and I can say that the lower frame tube now being tucked under the chair a little more appears to make the transfer alot smoother and the weight of the new TR3 is so much lighter that it makes the tranfer easier also.
    There's nothing that I don't like about the chair. Great chair in my book!!!
    Hey stumpybushman,

    Where in NE GA are you located? I'm in Braselton

    -Jason

  6. #6
    Senior Member ResonantEcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cash, TX, United States
    Posts
    6,000
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpybushman View Post
    I've had my TR3 for a little over a week now and damn is it nice! I had no clue as to how worn out my old TR was until I got my TR3. The lobby area at my work is tile and with my old chair it sounded like a train on railroad tracks when I'd roll through. My new chair doesn't make a sound and several co-worker's have pointed this out as well. I drive a sedan, so I take my chair apart everyday and I can say that the lower frame tube now being tucked under the chair a little more appears to make the transfer alot smoother and the weight of the new TR3 is so much lighter that it makes the tranfer easier also.
    There's nothing that I don't like about the chair. Great chair in my book!!!
    Congrats! I have my order going in today.

    If you don't mind sharing, what is your configuration? Also, photos.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

  7. #7
    Senior Member ResonantEcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cash, TX, United States
    Posts
    6,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Thanks for the review SBM, had a TR, went to the ZR2, going bacK TR.
    I love how the ZR looks. Not much to it. However, in the end I chose to go with the TR3.

    Hope you're doing well, buddy.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

  8. #8
    yup i went from colours box frames through 2 zr and 1 zr2 now tr. i'll never go back to cantilever. also, i highly recommend the solid welded back, this makes the chair so friggin solid. i must say, this is my fave chair in 25 yrs as a gimp, ive had many.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    yup i went from colours box frames through 2 zr and 1 zr2 now tr. i'll never go back to cantilever. also, i highly recommend the solid welded back, this makes the chair so friggin solid. i must say, this is my fave chair in 25 yrs as a gimp, ive had many.
    Yep, solid backs make differences, if i wouldn`t be seating in a Oracing i will be in a full welded RGK Maxlite or a full welded TR.

  10. #10
    @jbridges9 I'm about 15 miles east of Helen.

    @ResonantEcho Here's the link to my post with pics and spec's. I also added my CAD drawing to the CAD sticky.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=200294
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

Similar Threads

  1. Your thoughts???
    By darkeyed_daisy in forum Life
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 10:45 PM
  2. Your Thoughts?
    By VIRGO1970 in forum Life
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 10:34 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 03:12 PM
  4. Need your thoughts on this!!
    By FreeBird in forum Life
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 07:42 AM
  5. Some Thoughts
    By Raven in forum Life
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-26-2002, 04:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •