Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help, Missing an Axle for my Rear Wheel

Or, buy a new set of rear wheels, they look prety beat up. I may be selling a set of wheels once my new ones are done.

Not sure if it helps, but I think the Intrepid Tourer uses the same type of axle bolt (and Sun Rims). Or at least they used to. You could try contacting them and asking.

I can see why it might have been referred to as a quick-release, as if you have an Allen key, they are pretty quick to install/remove (although not as easy as the "proper" quick release mechanism).

I wouldn't recommend using Loctite unless you don't plan on removing them in the future!
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

I have some racing wheels with that type setup. I'm surprised yours fell apart. If you live in/near a big city, go to the heftiest bike shop you can find with both wheels and show them your situation. Those wheels if like mine, are hella fast, I'd love to have them on a chair.

i do remember you. Dang that is so good you're riding. How much are you doing? Tthe wheels look pretty beat up. If you're putting the miles in, you deserve and upgrade to better wheels. The Classic Freedom Ryder is a perferct bike IMO. The wheels though, they do go.

Where do you live, perhaps we can hook you up with a set of rear wheels if you can't fix this.

A friend of mine has a Top End, Force G. It has rear wheels that look like yours. You might try getting hold of Top End, to see if they have something. Make sure you send them the pictures of the measurements, so they get you the right axle.

Gordy1, I managed to contact Interpid, I think they have what I am looking for, we are communicating! Thank you so much for this hint!! I will update once we finish the transaction!

Patrick Madsen, Yes still using it. But currently I travelled to Saudi Arabia, and lost the axle. I am also planning to introduce HandCycling there especially to those in need. Once I get the axle, I am going to one of the biggest rehabilitation hospitals in Saudi Arabia to show it and introduce it! I already made arrangements, I ask Allah to fix a smile on my heart and my brothers/sisters in need! Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post
    Gordy1, I managed to contact Interpid, I think they have what I am looking for, we are communicating! Thank you so much for this hint!! I will update once we finish the transaction!

Patrick Madsen, Yes still using it. But currently I travelled to Saudi Arabia, and lost the axle. I am also planning to introduce HandCycling there especially to those in need. Once I get the axle, I am going to one of the biggest rehabilitation hospitals in Saudi Arabia to show it and introduce it! I already made arrangements, I ask Allah to fix a smile on my heart and my brothers/sisters in need! Thank you again!
    May Allah bless you and keep you well. If there is anything I can do over here, please don't hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post
    No worries, glad to help!
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.