Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1yr post anniversary

1yr post anniversary

Sept 23, 2011 WAS a beautiful fall day (no pun intended) a quick 18ft fall from a roof & everything is different, but I am looking forward I had a few months awhile back I gave up quit PT became depressed because "things didn't work " but I am moving forward with what I have, for my anniversary I went elk hunting with my son... its been a long strange ride that felt more like 5 yrs because of everything I learned or had to change.

That first year is a monster. Going out w/ your son was great. You need to keep busy or this winter will be long indeed. Hang in there.

Happy anniversary NWM.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

I think you have a great attitude! Go out there and get MR. BIG.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Thanks everyone was not sure how to deal with the "anniversary " but it is a day one never forgets and after seeing & reading how others here deal with their day decided not to hide from it..I am not looking forward to winter, next life I am going to be rich so I can go south & fish in the sunshine during the winter instead of plowing snow for the neighbors as recreation...

10 years 2night for my son

Macska: I doubt any of us will ever forget this anniversary birthdays yes, relatives anniversary yes, but i can remember almost to the minute (I was knocked out)... I hope the next year is easier then the first most here agree it does...wish you well

Blog Entries
    I'm 19+ years post, and have actually had a couple slip by without noticing them. Never thought *that* would happen...
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

It will be 4 years for my hubby Oct 8th. Won't be as bad as the first year (surviving several weeks ICU and months out of area rehab) or the second-getting on with life with and huge respiratory 2 mo hospital setback and learning how to live with high level SCI........
    But these bright fall days and unusual warm weather bringing back the vibes of that day......Hang in there. I hear it gets better.

It is a day none of us will forget because it changed us completely. Sounds like you are moving on with your life now, because depression loves to sneak around the corner. Accepting what we wish would go away is always on my mind. It will be 2 years for me Nov 4, and I still struggle, but for some reason I was chosen to still remain on this earth and I spend my time being grateful and sharing with great children who may not totally understand what I go thru, and grandchildren who just love me because I am Nana..

Keep up the good work
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often