Thread: Matrx MX1 MonoMount with TR3 Oval Rigidizer

Matrx MX1 MonoMount with TR3 Oval Rigidizer

These may be moot questions since I may not get a TR3 anyway BUT:

1. Has anyone mounted a Matrx MX1 with mono-mount to the oval rigidizer bar on the TR3? The rep said they are compatible and that the MX1 will not eat depth but I would like user experience and/or opinions.

2. Any problems with the mono-mount?

Thanks!
    E

Quote Originally Posted by Essie View Post
    These may be moot questions since I may not get a TR3 anyway BUT:

1. Has anyone mounted a Matrx MX1 with mono-mount to the oval rigidizer bar on the TR3? The rep said they are compatible and that the MX1 will not eat depth but I would like user experience and/or opinions.

2. Any problems with the mono-mount?

Thanks!
    E
    I don't see how the mono-mount would fit any curved rigidizer bar. I have a Matrx MX1 on my Halls chair. The mounting bracket is a straight piece, not curbed. It comes in 3 diameter sizes and it's none to my knowledge are designed to conform to different oval or arced shapes. Arced rigidizers are going to have different radii depending on the width of the chair, right? It seems highly unlikely then that a manufacturer is going to make a mounting bracket that would fit every conceivable arc.

Bottom line: I would ask the rep for photos demonstrating the mounting bracket on an oval rigidizer.

Also, you can order a TR3 with a standard rigidizer bar.

Have you demo'd the MX1 yet? I just remember the thread from a little while ago, "Matrx mx1 back may not be best fit for women..."