Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Robbie asked a girl to Homecoming!

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    I wonder if the makers of ED drugs have ever given much thought to there use for those under 18.
    dont see any big deal if his mom gives consent. sex is a part of growing up, no reason for him to miss out because he has an sci. how old is he 15-16 now.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by madmaddmother View Post
    I'm confused as I know absolutely about wound vac's...does a vac allow one with a wound to be up in their chair? or has his wound healed already? hope he has fun, he so deserves it!
    depends on the wound, I had one on my back and I used a wound vac
    only problem was showers
    mainly just keeps it so a pocket doesn't develop behind the healing
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    I wonder if the makers of ED drugs have ever given much thought to there use for those under 18.
    I'm pretty sure they have, but would be a marketing nightmare
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    dont see any big deal if his mom gives consent. sex is a part of growing up, no reason for him to miss out because he has an sci. how old is he 15-16 now.
    Robbie is 17 now and YES Ive tried to have these conversations, he is not comfortable with me. So I asked a few guys to chat with him, his w/c bball coach and another friend with a SCI. They had a few beers in our backyard one night and chatted with him, I got lost.

Robbie tells me its the #1 question he hears, can he have sex???

oh and he always answers YES!

Quote Originally Posted by smashms View Post
    a little bit inapproiate don't you think fuente?
    nope not even close. this kid has his entire life ahead of him. no reason for him to fall into that sexless gimp group. the more comfortable he is with himself aned all this other stuff, sex is a biggie, the happier he will be. hes lucky to have a good ma.

sharon, cool. i was 15 when i got hurt so i know what he's thinking. especially being his age. just let him know whats available, if he needs it.
    Last edited by fuentejps; 09-26-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Not that she needs my approval, but I admire Sharon's effort to
    help her son mature sexually. Why shouldn't he live as normal a
    teenage life as possible? This kid is lucky because I see some
    people who'd almost delight in the fact that their child can't
    explore sex as easily as a normal teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonD View Post
    Robbie is 17 now and YES Ive tried to have these conversations, he is not comfortable with me. So I asked a few guys to chat with him, his w/c bball coach and another friend with a SCI. They had a few beers in our backyard one night and chatted with him, I got lost.

Robbie tells me its the #1 question he hears, can he have sex???
    Back in my day it was the condom talk.

For an adolescent male SCI it is now the condom, ED pill and Intimate Rider talk. I don't envy you Sharon.

Yes, I want some normalcy in every aspect of Robbies life...physically, emotionally and academically. Ive had to figure out all these pieces and they are equally important.

Then there is Robbies sister, who Ive had the sex talk with as well. That was more about birth control. YIKES!!! not easy parenting teens....Robbie is a free spirit, Emily is tough and independent but more conservative and reserved, at least thats what I like to believe! Look at her, I'm screwed!!!
    Last edited by Jim; 09-27-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: fixed pic size

She is gorgeous Sharon!

Yup, you have more penii to worry about than lil Robbie's! lol!

I just threw my hands up and would wheel away when my mother tried to bring up the sex stuff as well ... lol. Robbie is lucky ... when I asked in rehab, I was given a brochure on how to hug a person in a wheelchair - I kid you not!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12