Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: New TR3

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    nofuss--What I am saying on the hand-rims, is that the actual end of the projections come closer to the limits of the tire, therefore closer to my reach. The tubing is still 3/4" as before. See pictures. ...
    Understood Brian, but you mention the new, closer setup might possibly threaten issues in your shoulders and elbows, where I would think your slightly narrower chair and closer-at-hand rim projections would be more of a plus.

Trying to visualize the ins and outs of your arm cycle with this rim.

Gotcha nofuss---my comment about concerns don't stem from issues with my new chair, rather I have had the issues prior to my new chair; I agree in that the new setup is easier on me, whereby I wish I was using a similar setup many years ago.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Were the ADI brakes difficult to remove, I mean specifically the spline drive? That has been one of my concerns in case we do not like them.
    I just had my brother remove the spline inserts from my hubs and it was not that difficult.

I am now back in my old TR, the difference is staggering. I am simply amazed at the difference between the two in my reach on the wheels.

As I mentioned earlier, the rubber suspension takes time to break-in on the Frog Leg forks and I can definitely feel that they are softer in my old chair; I look forward to my new ones breaking in.

Brian, hope not too late to congratulate but WOW! Congrats! Your TR3 is looking great and seems you have perfectly tailored it on you like a glove.
    Nice to hear the 25' wheel setup worked as a gain for you, I initially had concerns myself prior switching from the 24' to 25'' , but when I did I will never go back to 24' :-)

love the rims too!
    ''Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via''

Could those of you with 25" wheels talk a little more about them? I'm open to anything that makes things better. I've alway been on 24's but this talk of 25's has me interested in trying them. What is the difference they make?

Thanks rearkou, I am very pleased with the result.

grommet, for me it was getting a better reach to my rims. Being tall I have to have the front high, 20" with about a 4" cushion. Therefore I can only go so low in the back without getting more dump than I want, so the alternative was to bring the wheels up.

For others I believe they prefer the thrust they get with the bigger wheels, you get more out of each push, something I notice as well. Also, you get a bit of a smoother ride.

Thanks for telling me. That's interesting. I'm going to the Abilities Expo next month and maybe there'll be some 25's there I can try. Years ago I knew a guy who rode 26's. They looked huge but they worked for him. Getting the right fit is so important and we don't know until we get it. Some one once told me that you can get used to something unnatural until it feels natural and I think that happens a lot with chairs. Something isn't right but we figure that's how it is. I'm not quite there on my measurements but I'm closer than I've ever been. Right now it's my seat-to-footrest measurement I'm struggling with. It seems a half in less would be just right. I keep thinking to put something down on my footrest and give it a try. Have to remember to do that.

The smallest things really do make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Some one once told me that you can get used to something unnatural until it feels natural and I think that happens a lot with chairs.
    I think there is truth to that, my previous chair is proof. While I always knew I wanted better access to my wheels, how much difference it would make wasn't fully realized until my new chair.

NICE chair brian. i really like the tr3 i've just got used to this larger tubing on my zra.

also the more i see those white spinergys the more i like. i've seen a couple other chairs on here with white and i think it's sharp. if i hit the lotto where i can afford some i'll definitely consider white.

Thanks rollin. Besides liking the white spokes, I also like the black hubs that come as a result of the white spokes.