Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New TR3

That's really nice. Congratulations and thanks for the pictures. I may be seeing the TR3 at the Abilities Expo in November. Curious to hear about your experience with the ADI brakes. I would have to try them to know if they'd work for me. Very happy with my D's Locks though of course they are not brakes. Eek if you try to use them that way.

Really nice chair. With the narrower lower frame rail spread does it feel different breaking the chair down, loading/unloading it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    Brian,

How do you like the Frog legs?
    Keep in mind that I have not used this chair yet, as I need different hand rims. That said, my current chair has Frog Leg forks which I have been using for almost 3 years now and I like them, I find they work well, I can feel them working. Others have different experiences but I liked them enough to purchase again.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    That's really nice. Congratulations and thanks for the pictures. I may be seeing the TR3 at the Abilities Expo in November. Curious to hear about your experience with the ADI brakes. I would have to try them to know if they'd work for me. Very happy with my D's Locks though of course they are not brakes. Eek if you try to use them that way.

Really nice chair. With the narrower lower frame rail spread does it feel different breaking the chair down, loading/unloading it?
    I am going to be curious how I feel about the ADI brakes as well because the chair doesn't lock solid, it has a bit of rocking back and forth, which up front I think is going to annoy me, but I will give them a try. I prefer a true brake over a lock.

I never break down my chair(s), so no opinion.

I guess it's the same case with spinergy too. but i dig the new disc design.

i know it can be annoying, but when transferring, just make sure to push the chair back so that it wont move. the brake is strong. the rocking makes it feel like the chair wont stay. but they actually do.

nice one. i like the TR. it's sad to see there's no other brand that came up with a sophisticated design for the box frame like TR. i'm looking for something close, with welded camber tube for my next chair. looking a yours, i might just settle for another TR.

Nice looking chair. The V front suits u better!
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Congrats, Brian! That's a sharp looking chair. This is prodding me to get my specs for the TR3 done asap.
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

Thanks Peter...I wish I could report on the differences but I still haven't used the chair, I am waiting for the replacement hand-rims.

Brian,

If you're antsy to use the new chair, why not just use the wheels from your current TR?
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Two reasons, 1) They have different size wheels, 24" vs. 25" and 2) The ADI brakes modifies things so they wouldn't be interchangeable.

All right then! Open mouth, insert caster wheel.

Good reasons.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Wish I could do as you suggest. Not thrilled with the ADI mods.