Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New TR3

New TR3

See all the specs here: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...7&postcount=44

Main differences new vs. old:
    85 v. 80
    11" V front v. 13" tapered
    25" v. 24" rear wheels
    5" v. 4" casters
    +3/4" v. +1" frame
    20" v. 19.5 fsf

I had the chair sent to ADI and had their brakes installed.

Unfortunately they made a mistake on my projection hand-rims, so they are not on yet in the pictures. I only sat in the chair about 10-15 minutes thus far. Te CAD shows a COG of 2.5" but I had it changed to 2.25 before they sent it out.

In contrast to my TR...

C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Congrats!! I'm very strongly considering the TR for my next chair.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

SWEET! Love the tighter front end!

You're looking healthy, man!

The new chair is nice! You look comfortable in it.

I see you have new speakers since the older photos as well. Nice ribbon tweets.

Congrats, Brian! Looks great and the fit looks spot on. Look forward to reading your detailed review.

One small niggle: The TiLite frame guards are already looking a little squishy. Nature of that beast. I really like the stitched-up guards that Oracing uses. They look great and I suspect they remain in place better.

That chair looks good on you, man! The fit looks well dialed-in. Your hard work shows, and I hope the change in specs really works for you.

The frame guards are squishy because of the Frog Leg forks. I have a TR2 with Frog Leg forks and impact guards, and it does the same thing.

The chair is obviously custom, but I don't think the impact guards are.

Brian, your chair looks great.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Thanks all. I concur Essie. NorthQuad, are you calling me fat?

I agree that TiLite's guards leave a lot to be desired. I really like those that you posted Stephen, but the question is, will they fit the smaller tubing of a TR. The reason they are already looking squishy is because it came with a leg strap but I already ditched it...we'll see how long the guards last before they go.

Congratulations Brian! Know you put a LOT of thought into your TR replacement. Leg stance looks particularly comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    I see you have new speakers since the older photos as well. Nice ribbon tweets.
    Indeed and those RAAL ribbon tweets are amazing!!