Thread: Shoulders are much improved

Shoulders are much improved

Shoulder pain forced me to quit driving about 3 years ago. I got a power chair and then ceiling lifts in the bed and bath. Physical therapy, stretch bands, laser light treatment, prolotherapy, chiropractic, kinesiology tape, acupuncture, cupping, Body Bar Flex, the Beth Israel Deaconess exercises, plus a few others came up short.

Three months ago I got an Arm Enhancer http://mediaaht7.onlineview.it/Galle...allery=2371465 The DoctorDemo video gives you the best idea of how it is used. I am back to driving, weeding the garden boxes, watering the yard, hanging out the laundry, sharpening the kitchen knives, maintaining our manual chairs -- in short a pretty normal existence.

The right shoulder has been stable for about a month, the left shoulder has a long way to go. Because of the left shoulder, I have not attempted any transfers. This means no long distance trips, but I am driving locally without hesitation.

The advertised settings are 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 pounds of resistance. I stared out with zero pounds (no bungee cords connected) at 5 repetitions. Now I do 60 reps at 2 pounds, 30 at 4, 20 at 6, and 10 repetitions at 8 lbs every other day for my right shoulder. I quit at 4 pounds on my left arm.

I have no financial or personal interest in this product. My right shoulder is now normal function for a 70 year old in a chair. My left shoulder is greatly improved, is still getting better, but it is not stable and it has a long way to go. Perhaps this device will be useful for others. I am convinced that if I had started using it a couple of decades ago, my shoulders would be in much better shape than they are.
    T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the tips.