Thread: profuse sweating while using standing frame

profuse sweating while using standing frame

I recently got an EasyStand Evolv mobile standing frame. I love it and absolutely love that I can stand for a little bit each day. I have already noticed a dramatic improvement in my spasticity and my digestion.

The only problem I have is whenever I am in the stander, I sweat profusely. I don't have any other problems except this, but this problem is bugging me a lot, and i don't know how to stop it from happening.

Could it be because all the blood is flowing to my lower body? I have a L4/5 SCI, so I know its not autonomic dysreflexia. Any advice?

I have had issues with sweating throughout my recovery. I sweat any time I have pain below my line. Especially when I need to pee or have a UTI. You may want to check your knees, back, feet, ect. make sure they are not in an uncomfortable/painful position that you may not be able to feel. You can still sweat without having a full blown Autonomic response. It could also be reflexive to changing you posture. I have been sitting so long my spine kind of curves so when I get in my standing frame and flex my spine I will sweat sometimes. You may just need to get use to it and the more consistent and frequent you stand may reduce the response.