Thread: Small tailbone wound.

Small tailbone wound.

I have a small pencile erasure sized wound with a little bit of depth to it right above my butt crack. I spent the whole week in bed on my side and it is still not gone? I have used a idione type of cream and also prisma both did not do much. I have a bottle of vetericyn hydrogel spray I have only used once before. How would I use the vetericyn for this dressing? Or recommend any other things to help it heal fast. Thanks!!

Patients....a week isn't much time at all. After a week I would expect some type of improvement and within the next week I think you'll see that it will really start to gain some ground

Hang in there.

Color???Appearance?
    CWO

Quote Originally Posted by Ty12 View Post
    I have a small pencile erasure sized wound with a little bit of depth to it right above my butt crack. I spent the whole week in bed on my side and it is still not gone? I have used a idione type of cream and also prisma both did not do much. I have a bottle of vetericyn hydrogel spray I have only used once before. How would I use the vetericyn for this dressing? Or recommend any other things to help it heal fast. Thanks!!
    Hello Ty,

When I had my first treatable pressure ulcer last November (45 years post), I used Vetericyn VF almost exclusively. In the evening, my wife would clean the wound and spray VVF on it. She would let it dry, put a moisture barrier cream on it and a 4" X 4" bandage, repeating the procedure in the morning. My wound doctor said to keep doing whatever we were doing as it was healing very fast. I am comfortable recommending this treatment to anyone.

Good luck.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Awesome thanks so much!! It's been frustrating I hate laying in bed for a week.

I have been cleaning it with Vetercyn hydrogel then putting iodasorb into the tiny opening then covering it with two gauze and then laying on my side. I got up today for a few hours because laying in bed and watching t.v is driving me crazy!!! Hope it looks ok after sitting up.