Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: So I sort of threatened to key a car today

So I sort of threatened to key a car today

Yeah. I went there. Wichita was a clusterfuck today.

Had to return 5 uverse cable boxes, a wifi router, a big box of stuff by myself. A truck was in the handicapped spot.

I'm struggling. About biffed bigtime. Guess I need to ease back on cog on my chair.

The truck driver was real nice. Carried the box in for me!

The next one was the problem. She about backed over me. Missed Dingo by inches. Asked me if I had a child (Huh?) She didn't want to run over my kid, see.

She hopped out all smiles. And I said "That's a real pretty truck. Pity for it to get scratched."

Her jaw DROPPED. Now I wonder...it is clearly criminal to key a car. But is it sinful? I have no doubt it is warranted. As I told my bro, it's a matter of life and death. I won't survive being run over by a car. He was stunned-had never considered that at all. I didn't key it, of course. I also didn't run over her toes or shoot her stupid face off.

I want extra credit for behaving. Hopefully someone is keeping track.

You little imp

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Good impulse control. I have had more close calls in parking lots than every place else added together. Drivers always seem in a hurry and do not waste time looking.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Nicely played, Betheny. You made your point to the woman without necessitating an ugly arrest, bad mug shot, Dingo having to pose as your service dog to avoid time in an animal control's tiny cage, an expensive lawyer, unpleasant stay in jail and lack of access to good coffee, your PC and good music.

I'm pretty sure jail would not be easy on you and I don't quite know how you'd look in that particularly obnoxious shade of orange for the jumpsuits.

Yes keying is against the law. But you should have parked the people in and called the cops if they were illegally parked. Or I'll figure out how to make a valve core removal tool quads can operate. You could also carry a bag of those dead mice you've been killing. Put one on the windshield with a note, "this could be you".

Should've popped a cap in her ass.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Should of keyed the truck, it would of made you feel better........lol.

Hope your day get's better!

There's nothing worse than the feeling that people say certain things or act in a way because they know you can't get up out of the chair and grab them, defend yourself or kick their ass. So I completely understand your desire to key that lady's car.

I've had the feeling of powerlessness too...as my injury was at c4/5 and I don't have great arm strength to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleP2112 View Post
    There's nothing worse than the feeling that people say certain things or act in a way because they know you can't get up out of the chair and grab them, defend yourself or kick their ass. So I completely understand your desire to key that lady's car.

I've had the feeling of powerlessness too...as my injury was at c4/5 and I don't have great arm strength to say the least.
    Just wondering, "KyleP2112"... if you were able bodied, where would your threshold be for what people say or do that would make you "grab them, defend yourself, or kick their ass." Bad behavior happens all the time in the AB world, but I think there are just a very small number of these situations that escalate into physical or extreme verbal retibution. My point is, people do all kinds of stuff to make us angry, but how many people who are able, really react to these situations the way you describe. Probably everyone thinks about knocking an offending person senseless, but how many really do? Maybe you aren't as powerless as you think, if you were an AB, you would probably let your good judgement rule too.

Betheny you did good. Just hoping who ever is keeping score took a few gold stars from that woman's column and put them in yours.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 09-23-2012 at 04:13 PM.

I've put little bits of copper pipe about half inch diameter to a few tires in my time... In one case, A huge pickup came screaming around the corner in a carpark and I came within inches. I waited for the guy to park and go inside the shop and I asked the mate I was with if he would be interested in indulging in destruction of property to which there wasn't a hint of hesitation.

So we went back to my car and I gave him some short pieces of copper pipe I had for such occasions. It was a busy carpark so it was easier for him to look inconspicuous. We waited a while and I wrote a note to put on this guys windscreen telling him how much of a fuckwit he was gave it to my mate to put on fuckwits windscreen after he did the deed. Sot it takes him about 5 minuts to put all these bits of pipe under this trucks wheels while trying to look like he was meant to be there so as to not raise suspicion...

We decided to wait for the fool to come back so we could watch the drama unfold. We had nothing better to do. And my mate really woulda felt incomplete having to do all that destruction and not be around to see it... It took about an hour for the guy to come out of the shopping center... Picking up his wife and kids who had been doing some grocery shopping and whatever. We hid in my car which luckily was in the same row but up about 6 cars and on the opposite sideso we had a wonderful view of it.

The first thing Fool discovered was the note. He read it briefly, screwed it up and thru it on the ground. He puts the children in the car while his wife shuffles the groceries in the back. He gets in the car and reverses. Imediately flattening everyone of those huge tires... The hiss of air being let out of the tires was deafening but brief. The noise filled the whole car park - you couldnt hear anything else it was so loud. He gets out with a look of absolute bewilderment on his face, which turned to rage - they must have been expensive tires. We hid underneath the dash out of view everytime he looked our way. We wanted to stay to see how he got the car towed. The car park was a building so I couldnt see how it was going to fit on a tow truck... We really wanted to stay to see what happened but it was too risky. But being able to see the look on the guys face as he realised what had just happened is one of the most wonderful things I have ever experienced.
    Last edited by Mutley; 09-23-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: put a few lines in to make it easier to read
    Everybody wants freedom.... They just don't want it for everybody else...

A college professor, a man I now consider my dad, once told me...
    "The minute you let someone decide what you can and cannot do, your life is no longer yours." A truer word has never been spoken in my opinion.

Professor Bill Johnston
    (1930- )