Thread: Chair, can't be repaired

Chair, can't be repaired

My Invacare TDX3 died, it can't be repaired. MK five controllers are no longer made, no parts are available. Dme Dealer has no loaner power chairs. I cannot find the proper controller on the Web, nor any used power chair, I'm Fighting with my new iPad on a tray squashing into my painful abdomen. There must be a better way to use this thing bed.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get controller or a new chair so I can get out of here? Thank you. I do need till. I tried disabled dealer already.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

There is a used one on Ebay. Maybe buy it and keep yours for spares. Anything broke could be switched out, it could last a long time that way.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/invacare-tdx...item2a2197cf6e
    Andrew

I'm sorry to hear of your plight. I'm sorrier that your DME company claims to have no loaner power chairs. They are unprepared for customers and I suggest you call other providers and ask about loaners or used power chairs if you can purchase one yourself while you are ordering a new chair. Please complain to your present DME.

I recently purchased a used power chair from a provider who has a warehouse full of them. I had to pay for it myself - $800 - and it works perfectly. It's for outdoors in my yard and on trails. (My insurance previously covered a used power chair that's suitable for indoor and outdoor use.)

Getting a used chair is only a temporary fix. Hopefully your insurance will cover a new chair with all the specs you need.
    Best to you.......

Post (or PM me) your serial # and I will do some research.

PM me Alan, we recently had a large number of donated equipment offered--like last week. Maybe something would fit your needs.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

There is one on ebay.....search for invacare mark5 controller.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of your plight. I'm sorrier that your DME company claims to have no loaner power chairs. They are unprepared for customers and I suggest you call other providers and ask about loaners or used power chairs if you can purchase one yourself while you are ordering a new chair. Please complain to your present DME.

I recently purchased a used power chair from a provider who has a warehouse full of them. I had to pay for it myself - $800 - and it works perfectly. It's for outdoors in my yard and on trails. (My insurance previously covered a used power chair that's suitable for indoor and outdoor use.)

Getting a used chair is only a temporary fix. Hopefully your insurance will cover a new chair with all the specs you need.
    Best to you.......
    Can you provide him were you bought yours so he can contact them since you said they have a warehouse full of them?
    Art

I actually lost track of this post, plus I hadn't (and still haven't) figured out how to use the IPad in bed (or do much with it, period, to be honest.) Anyhoo, Invacare eventually found a controller for it, shipped it to my DME, and they replaced the broken one. After 2.5 weeks in bed, I was mobile again.

Well, today I was riding around my neighborhood, as I do when I can when the weather is warm enough. I was (fortunately) talking with a neighbor, when I tried to back up the chair and turn to better face her. No go. Up popped an error message "E102 Short/Open Circuit In Control Or Motor." Looks familiar (though, with my memory, I could be wrong.) A different neighbor pushed me home. If I hadn't been talking with someone, I could have been sitting there for a long time before someone noticed me. Maybe it's time to switch from Invacare to another manufacturer.

I did look at the chair on Ebay, but by then, I had heard that a controller was found. In January, I can order a new chair, so I didn't want to have three at that point. That thinking is changing fast. The MK5 controller wasn't the right model. I have the details written somewhere - I have to remember where.
    Alan

Invacare blows. Their product is in the same place Everest & Jennings was in in the late 80s when Invacare stole their market. I think the E&J lemon was called the Marathon.

So, what maker is good that Medicare will pay for?
    Alan