Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camber tube

Camber tube

Hey guys,
    I have emotion m15s on my reinforced ti aero z. I will sell the m15s soon including brackets and want to put spinergies on. What do I need to do in order to put spinergies on? Do I need to purchase a new camber tube? If so can I order online or through dme? Thanks
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

The M15 means you can only use 0 (zero) camber. If you want to keep the wheels at 0 you are fine. If you want to change it than the camber will need to be replaced.

I am assuming your chair came with standard wheels, correct?
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    . . .can I order online or through dme? Thanks
    either. Online, you'll need to deal with a wheelchair vendor like Sportaid. You'll need to provide your chair's serial number. TiLite will not sell to users.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    The M15 means you can only use 0 (zero) camber. If you want to keep the wheels at 0 you are fine. If you want to change it than the camber will need to be replaced.

I am assuming your chair came with standard wheels, correct?
    yes, my chair came with standard wheels but once the brackets come off there are holes in camber tubes

is the m15 camber tube thicker than the standard one?

My camber tube looks thicker than the usual camber tubes on other wheelchairs, Since I Just bought the ZX1 I am wondering if I should just take the old emotion brackets off and buy a regular size Camber tube.
    By the way my wheelchair width is 19 inches x 18

Congrats on the ZX1. Have you received a shipping date yet?

Sorry I can't help you on your questions though.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

My camber tube looks thicker than the usual camber tubes on other wheelchairs...
    Measure it.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Yes. TiLite provides a "blank" aluminum camber tube when the power adaptable frame is ordered on Z series rigid frames that uses thicker walled tubing and does not have camber plugs. E-motion installs an adapter inside the tube for the M-15 wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Yes. TiLite provides a "blank" aluminum camber tube when the power adaptable frame is ordered on Z series rigid frames that uses thicker walled tubing and does not have camber plugs. E-motion installs an adapter inside the tube for the M-15 wheels.
    A customer of mine ordered a ZR along with a SmartDrive, which we noted to TiLite when the order was submitted. The SmartDrive also requires the Power Adaptable Frame and thus the selection of an aluminum camber tube. The camber tube in this instance was not "blank" -- it had camber plugs.

There have been instances of carbon fiber camber tubes cracking as a result of over-tightening the SmartDrive mounting clamp, NOT because of the force generated by the SmartDrive. Generally speaking, carbon fiber does not like to be clamped or drilled through.

The guy demoing the SD at the Abilities Expo, pictured below, had a cracked cf tube on this TR3 (he wasn't using the Top End chair seen in the pic). He was still using the cf tube!