Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camber tube

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Yes. TiLite provides a "blank" aluminum camber tube when the power adaptable frame is ordered on Z series rigid frames that uses thicker walled tubing and does not have camber plugs. E-motion installs an adapter inside the tube for the M-15 wheels.
    Is it the same outside diameter? I ask because it is a tight fit getting the standard camber tubes through the hangers. It helps to slip a screwdriver in the slot and open them up a little.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    ...There have been instances of carbon fiber camber tubes cracking as a result of over-tightening the SmartDrive mounting clamp, NOT because of the force generated by the SmartDrive....
    I broke my SmartDrive clamp over-tightening it on what I was told is a titanium (Tilite) camber tube. The tube looks perfect. But the drive probably won't work on that chair for other reasons.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    My camber tube looks thicker than the usual camber tubes on other wheelchairs, Since I Just bought the ZX1 I am wondering if I should just take the old emotion brackets off and buy a regular size Camber tube.
    By the way my wheelchair width is 19 inches x 18
    This is what the TiLite Power Adaptable Camber Tube looks like. No camber plugs are provided.

It is basically a semi-finished length of aluminum tubing that has the same outer diameter as other TiLite camber tubes, but has thicker walls...

The E-Motion adapters and brackets are clamped onto each end of the tube...

Regular camber plugs can not be installed in this type of camber tube.

TiLite developed this option when E-Fix and E-Motion wheels were the only options for adding power to a TiLite chair. Now that there are additional power options like the SmartDrive and ZX-1, that is no longer the case. If you are told you need to order a power adaptable frame but you intend to use one of the other products, make sure TiLite knows which one you intend to use. Otherwise, you may have to buy another camber tube before you will be able to use your new chair.

The way those pics look your gonna need a new camber tube, when I purchased a Ti-Lite camber tube I believe it was around 125.00 from a DME. I talked to Mac earlier I think he gets the ZX-1 tomorrow.

This is what the TiLite Power Adaptable Camber Tube looks like. No camber plugs are provided.

It is basically a semi-finished length of aluminum tubing that has the same outer diameter as other TiLite camber tubes, but has thicker walls...

The E-Motion adapters and brackets are clamped onto each end of the tube...

TiLite developed this option when E-Fix and E-Motion wheels were the only options for adding power to a TiLite chair. Now that there are additional power options like the SmartDrive and ZX-1, that is no longer the case. If you are told you need to order a power adaptable frame but you intend to use one of the other products, make sure TiLite knows which one you intend to use. Otherwise, you may have to buy another camber tube before you will be able to use your new chair.
    thanks SCI OTR You are always a big help on the forum, I will have to order a new camber tube to probably from Sportaid
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

....clip...

Thank you for posting this information. It clears up a misconception I had. I did not understand that once set up for E-Motion wheels, the wheelchair was essentially converted to an electric wheelchair, and normal wheels could not be slapped on at will.