Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me with my Cath teqnique?

As I edited my post to say, this was just our experience, I don't mean to be argumentative.

Ami, yes we were tethered to home or office or GJ wore an indwelling catheter when necessary. Try as we did, we couldn't make this work for us. Guess we weren't clever enough and try as we did we got no help from urologists or home health care workers. As you say, it is a moot point now, GJ too has an SP catheter. Hopefully, JacksonsGirl will find a way.

The point is, you do what you have to do to get through it as we have for 30 years. We have been fortunate no pressure sores or other common SCI complications.

NL (GJ's wife and caregiver)

These Lofric Hydro kits look great , but they are $5 each. Cathing 5 or 6 times per day, thats not gonna work. Any cheaper solutions? Anyone know of some kind of prelubed catheters or something lubed inside the bag with no accessories thats WAYYYY cheaper than $5 per cath? THANKS

What so you have for insurance?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonsGirl View Post
    These Lofric Hydro kits look great , but they are $5 each. Cathing 5 or 6 times per day, thats not gonna work. Any cheaper solutions? Anyone know of some kind of prelubed catheters or something lubed inside the bag with no accessories thats WAYYYY cheaper than $5 per cath? THANKS
    Does your insurance not cover catheters?

(KLD)

I use Cure Cathetors. They are not prelubed but they are very flexible and enter and exit very easily. I use the prepackaged lube packets. I am not a quad but can remember cathing in bed in the hospital and when I first got home. While insurance covered them I had the MTG touchless kits. Honestly I like the Cure Caths better.
    Our situations are very different, and cathing myself, I don't have to be as crazy about cleanliness, so take this for what it's worth. I pay for my own caths and they are 73 cents each and Cure gives 10% of their profits toward research. I freaked out when I found out I was going to have to pay for my own and saw the MTG's were 5 bucks each. I have been very pleased with the Cures.
    Good luck!

There are extensions that are very easy to connect and disconnect to actual Cath from coloplast...son C5C6 uses easily

You could try putting a dollop of lube on the end of the penis, the cath will get lubed as it goes in.