Thread: Word

Angry Word

working with a PC today and when I went to correct a word I backspaced then afterward each keystroke deleted the following letter....ugh
    Make sense?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Did you accidentally hit the "insert" key on keyboard?

Actually, when this happens you do have to hit 'insert' then retype the letter and hit 'insert' again and retype the next letter. Once you are done, save the file and then close WORD. Give it 10 seconds then reopen WORD and try again. It happens occasionally and when there is no way I could have accidently added the 'insert' command.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Not sure exactly what you mean but it sounds like you may be in "overtype" mode. For Word 2010, you can go to File/options/Advanced and see if the box before "Use overtype mode" is checked. If it is, uncheck it. You may also want to uncheck "Use the insert key to control overtype mode." Then select the "Ok" button at the bottom to save your changes if necessary.

I personally hate overtype mode.

I did "insert" from files a bunch of pics on a page to print out
    Last edited by Liz321; 09-28-2012 at 09:43 AM.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.