Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quads and Cameras

Blog Entries

Quads and Cameras

Is this the right forum to get a line on cameras, since both still and motion since both are now found in a single device these days, or should i be annoying the good people in the ''equipment'' forum? i won't clutter up the site by leaving multiple posts, at least until i get some form of a response here first.
    I am seeking a quad-friendly camera, you know the kind that doesn't have too many god-forsaken tiny buttons/ dials to deal with.
    thanks

I am looking for the same thing. Something simple. Able to shoot at all angles. I have found it easy to fix the handle where the tripod goes but looking out the viewfinder and trying to mash the button on top of my Norsent 1050 and old Samsung (forget model) just to much work and I don't get the picture that I saw in my eye at that moment. I kind of gave up on it for a while and been fighting a small sore. If I ever get this straight i am going to work on it again. I love that little Norcent camera as it was so lightweight. Yes there oldies but goodies. Some of the newer ones are so small I'm not sure I could see all their doodads with my spectacles. And to make matters worse touchscreens will not work with sticks or anything that is not warm such as a finger. I'm sure someone out there has to have made something. I don't have the funds to have the best but I find it a challenge to make something work out of someone else's disregarded last year's model. Donnie

The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    I am looking for a quad friendly camera also. I searched the equipment forum and the threads are too old with the constant changes in tech today. I do believe that a larger camera would be better for paws because of the available attachments like a handle and hand straps.

I live out in the forest and can not get to anywhere with a half decent camera selection.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

I can't remember your level Tim ... my friend Sue is quad at C5-6 with no finger movement or tri-ceps, but a tendon transfer thumb pinch grip. She enjoys and prefers the iPhone camera as she can access the touch screen quite easily.

When I hand it to her, I make sure she has grip as they can easily be dropped ... but a rubberized case can be purchased and she attaches a wristlet to hers as well.

Not sure if that helps?

If you're not in the market for a phone, there's always the iPod Touch which has everything except the phone part.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Blog Entries

Helmet cam for quads?

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    I am looking for a quad friendly camera also. I searched the equipment forum and the threads are too old with the constant changes in tech today. I do believe that a larger camera would be better for paws because of the available attachments like a handle and hand straps.

I live out in the forest and can not get to anywhere with a half decent camera selection.
    Just thinking about the Hero 2 with head strap. Can't be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Is this the right forum to get a line on cameras, since both still and motion since both are now found in a single device these days, or should i be annoying the good people in the ''equipment'' forum? i won't clutter up the site by leaving multiple posts, at least until i get some form of a response here first.
    I am seeking a quad-friendly camera, you know the kind that doesn't have too many god-forsaken tiny buttons/ dials to deal with.
    thanks
    Tim, I'm a C5 and use a Bogen brackett holder https://www.durys.com/product/5268/B...ticulated-Arm/ that mounts to my w/c. It works with any camera. I just bought a Panasonic DMC- ZS19 at Costco for $229, it has 24mm - 480mm zoom. Smple for me to use, takes great pictures.

Tim C.,

Would a good camera remote be helpful to you?

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    Tim C.,

Would a good camera remote be helpful to you?
    How does the remote work?

Quote Originally Posted by yoda291 View Post
    Tim, I'm a C5 and use a Bogen brackett holder https://www.durys.com/product/5268/B...ticulated-Arm/ that mounts to my w/c. It works with any camera. I just bought a Panasonic DMC- ZS19 at Costco for $229, it has 24mm - 480mm zoom. Smple for me to use, takes great pictures.
    I like it and the price is very reasonable. How does that articulated arm mount to your chair? I am the same level as you.