Thread: Frogleg Unitine on ZR???

Frogleg Unitine on ZR???

I have searched and read through all of the threads I could dig up on the subject but I am still unsure about what I can do.

I have a new ZR. I had intended to put Frogleg Unitine forks on with 4x1.4 aluminum softroll casters.

My chair came in with Slipstream forks and 4x1 Performance Billet Softroll Casters.

My question for those in the know is this: Can I replace my Slipstream forks with Unitine forks so that I can add the 4x1.4 Frogleg casters? If so what is the best way to go about doing this.

Thanks for any input on this.

-Bake

The Unitine and Slipstream forks are interchangeable. No rocket science involved. Remove the nut securing the Slipstream, pull it off and put on the Unitine and re-tighten the nut.

Thanks Stephen. That was exactly what I was hoping to hear. I got a little lost in all of the "must have this or that fork to swap them".

-Bake
    Last edited by Bake; 09-21-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Interesting thing is I contacted TiLite regarding switching from Standard Wide Forks to SlipStreams and was told, byMark, they use different stems, but my Titanium stems work with Uni-Tines, go figure.

I swapped mine shortly after stephen posted. My Uni-Tines came with the fork stems. I thought I was going to have to swap them out which I have read can't or shouldn't be done. After reading Stephens post I removed the stems from the Uni-Tines and mounted them on the chair. No problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    I swapped mine shortly after stephen posted. My Uni-Tines came with the fork stems. I thought I was going to have to swap them out which I have read can't or shouldn't be done. After reading Stephens post I removed the stems from the Uni-Tines and mounted them on the chair. No problems at all.
    Another satisfied customer. Glad it worked out for ya!