Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Idependent Living Community

So Medicare will pay 200 or whatever for a generator a month but not a flippin shower chair. Stupid.

Doesnt matter to me I guess, they have a ban on big dogs.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Girlfriend. You would be so overworked there! And cold. Hungry.

Ladies like us don't move north as a general policy. I love NYC. Wouldn't live there.

I remember 12 years go looking for housing and came upon this site. Look how many mention on site PCA's. Minnesota? Michigan? I don't know how any wheelchair user could deal with that kind of weather. but anywho, these apartments look damn good.

http://www.nhhiaccessiblehousing.com/barrierfree.html
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Horrible designs.

I think someone polished a turd and is trying to sell it off.

Yea... I have a friend, a fellow wheeler, who lives in Ann Arbor. There are quite a few that I know there actually. I really like it there and then I remember oh yea it snows.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by tvot View Post
    I remember 12 years go looking for housing and came upon this site. Look how many mention on site PCA's. Minnesota? Michigan? I don't know how any wheelchair user could deal with that kind of weather. but anywho, these apartments look damn good.

http://www.nhhiaccessiblehousing.com/barrierfree.html
    I WOULD slit my wrist's if I had to live in ANY!! of those "places"
    C-6,complete

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    The units were designed for people more disabled than my wife and I. I am a 67 year old para and my wife a post polio para. As I explained in my posting that if we moved there we would be the least disabled people in the community. Among the benefits of living here would be that you would never be without your pca because the home health agency which largely staffs the community has built in redundancy. There is also a DME that can provide power chair repairs quickly and they are going to have a small PT building right on premises. When the builder 1st got the idea for the place he was building units that would serve people like his best friend who had far advanced MS and could not live independently without supports. Some of the people living here have AB family members providing some care and part time pca assistance from the health care agency. Others get all their needed help from the home care agency.
    I live here. The owner has been flapping his gums about that physical therapy place on-site for this long? Trust me - nothing has changed. Evergreen Grove is a joke from top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    Plenty of major mistakes....the garages are way to small wide wise for vans with lifts....kitchen should be total acc. dryer on top of washer....how the hell can we use that..
    Whoever started this was not to smart imo.
    Looks like they were made for people who need caregivers....not for people taking care of themselves.
    How right you are! Be glad you don't live here. The place is a joke from top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Horrible designs.

I think someone polished a turd and is trying to sell it off.
    BINGO!

It is a turd. Unfortunately, we stupidly moved into Evergreen Grove.

Not only is the owner of the place a lying sack of sh!t - but, so is his daughter - the "Admissions Manager".

Whatever you do - don't move to Evergreen Grove in Otter Lake, Michigan.

They have "water issues" - just not quite as bad as Flint - which is about 20 miles away.

Plus, the floors in our unit are SINKING!
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 02-04-2016 at 12:31 PM.