Thread: Preserving Bookmarks

Preserving Bookmarks

When the technician formatted the HD of my old PC, he could transfer all my items in the Bookmarks somewhere. After i got back my CPU, all my bookmarks had been well preserved in hard drive.

Do you know how he did it? Since i may want to uninstall my existing M. Firefox and reinstall new one. I don't want to lose my bookmarks. I will do it myself.

1. Click the Bookmarks button on the right side of the navigation toolbar (Windows XP: click the Bookmarks menu) and select Show All Bookmarks to open the Library window.
    2. From the toolbar on the Library window, click Import and Backup and choose Export Bookmarks to HTML....
    3. In the Export Bookmarks File window that opens, choose a location to save the file, which is named bookmarks.html by default. The desktop is usually a good spot, but any place that is easy to remember will work.
    4. Click the Save button. The Export Bookmarks File window will close.
    5. Close the Library window.

To restore them back just Import Bookmarks from HTML.

Export Firefox bookmarks to an HTML file to back up or transfer bookmarks | Firefox Help

I also use FEBE.
    FEBE(Firefox Environment Backup Extension) is an amazing Firefox browser add-on which lets you quickly and easily backup all your Firefox extensions, bookmarks, themes, cookies, preferences, user names and passwords.

Developer of this add-on-->FEBE Firefox Extension
    Last edited by Flatiron; 09-21-2012 at 06:17 PM.

After i do the work, are the original bookmarks still in the Firefox? Or wll they disappear automatically? Since the program is still there

Quote Originally Posted by Bitpo View Post
    After i do the work, are the original bookmarks still in the Firefox? Or wll they disappear automatically? Since the program is still there
    The bookmarks will stay in Firefox. You will just be sending a copy to wherever you want to save them.

If I add any sites to my bookmarks, I'll save/export them at the end of the day. It's best to save them to an external HDD, CD or Flash drive.

That way I'll always have a fresh copy of my bookmarks if anything ever goes wrong.