Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Firefly

We also did not have a lot of room on a ZRA, especially because there is an extra rigidizer bar for flip-up footrests. From the bottom of the bottom bracket to the top of the top bracket is 5", with 2.5" between the brackets. I've attached a picture in case that helps.
    Name:  2014 04 19_3421 - Copy.JPG
Views: 182
Size:  160.9 KB
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Thanks elarson. Did you use a torque wrench or just tightened the clamps by feel. My torque didn't make the move down with me, that I can find.
    Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    We also did not have a lot of room on a ZRA, especially because there is an extra rigidizer bar for flip-up footrests. From the bottom of the bottom bracket to the top of the top bracket is 5", with 2.5" between the brackets. I've attached a picture in case that helps.
    Name:  2014 04 19_3421 - Copy.JPG
Views: 182
Size:  160.9 KB
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

We did them by hand and they appear to stay quite tight.

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Thanks elarson. Did you use a torque wrench or just tightened the clamps by feel. My torque didn't make the move down with me, that I can find.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Found some good spots for the clamps, just getting to it again. The throttle is on the left side and you move it counter clockwise? That's how it came and different than any motorbike I've ridden. Looks like you can adjust about anything, except getting the throttle on the right hand side and moving clockwise to accelerate. The manual is way out of date to say the least. Elarson, did yours arrive this way? Thanks for your responses, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    We did them by hand and they appear to stay quite tight.
    eta: I think it was put together wrong by someone at bike-on, the whole thing is partly back asswards now that I study it more.
    Last edited by rdf; 04-20-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks!

Gonna have to switch things around, take the brake cables off and flip the brake lever on the throttle side 180 degrees while moving it to the right side. There's a lot of work needed on this before I can get on it. I think it was put together wrong at bike-on. Guess I'll wait til I can talk to bike-on or Rio.

Thanks!

RM Firefly Users Manual shows throttle on the right:
    Name:  Firefly controls.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  61.9 KB
    I'd be pissed (and counting to ten)
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Looks like I can take the top of the handlebars off by unscrewing 4 hex nuts, then turn it around and put it back on. Will have to restring or reroute all the cables. There are other problems too, someone wasn't paying attention.

Thanks!

Ours came shipped with the throttle on the left also. I think they did it that way for shipping. This had me really perplexed also, especially because my husband can not use his left hand.

If I remember correctly, I was able to loosen the Top Tube Clamp (4 hex nuts) and flip it vertically and rotate the entire handlebar assembly, without taking off any cables.

It should look like this picture from their website:

Name:  wheelchair-alternative.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  16.3 KB

Looks like I can take the top of the handlebars off by unscrewing 4 hex nuts, then turn it around and put it back on. Will have to restring or reroute all the cables. There are other problems too, someone wasn't paying attention.

Talked with Bart at Rio, he said the manual is outdated and the pics don't match the model I have for some parts. He said just do what I need to do, and he'll cover me. So I am and should be good to go soon. Thanks elarson for your help once again.

Thanks!

Good luck rdf. I hope you can get it up and running soon. Overall, I have found the folks at RioMobility very helpful, and I think you can trust that they will cover you. Keep us posted.

Talked with Bart at Rio, he said the manual is outdated and the pics don't match the model I have for some parts. He said just do what I need to do, and he'll cover me. So I am and should be good to go soon. Thanks elarson for your help once again.