Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Firefly

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I don`t like their attachment sistem to the chair, you have to ad an extra underseat crossbar attached to the frame with clamps, that clamps come with their own brakes, so you can`t use scissors brakes for example, look at the pic of the guy in their web, and they don`t show you in their web what i`m speaking about so much guys get a surprise after adding around 3 lbs to their ultralight chairs only in that.

I`ve got a friend who have it, when i can i will take a pic of what you have to were under your seat for attach a batec.

I know Oscar, and Pau (the boss) great guys, but i think they will have to be more clear in their web and speak about what you have to put in your wheelchair if you want a battec, this way nobody will get surprises after...
    Yes, I was trying to see what needed to be fitted to the chair, but their website seems to avoid showing that detail in any of its (many) photos!
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    Yes, I was trying to see what needed to be fitted to the chair, but their website seems to avoid showing that detail in any of its (many) photos!
    Dosen`t mind if you have a folding chair or rigid, the sistem is the same, i will try to take a pic of the chair of my friend when i can and post it here.

I find that for most of the attachments the companies are not good about showing what has to be on the chair or the weight. I spent hours scouring photo's and video's, and it would be nice if they were all better about posting it.

In my opinion, the FireFly has one of the lightest weight mounts for parts that need to be left on the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    I find that for most of the attachments the companies are not good about showing what has to be on the chair or the weight. I spent hours scouring photo's and video's, and it would be nice if they were all better about posting it.

In my opinion, the FireFly has one of the lightest weight mounts for parts that need to be left on the chair.

The firefly has the lightest weight mounts of the market together with the Oracing RR in the video you can see how fix to the chair.

That mount looks totally different than the one posted on FB a few weeks ago Oracing RR, 45km autonom√*a y fabricada en ALU7020.

It looks heaver, but that's hard to tell from pictures. What's with the small casters -- is that to protect it when off?

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    The firefly has the lightest weight mounts of the market together with the Oracing RR in the video you can see how fix to the chair.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    That mount looks totally different than the one posted on FB a few weeks ago Oracing RR, 45km autonom√*a y fabricada en ALU7020.

It looks heaver, but that's hard to tell from pictures. What's with the small casters -- is that to protect it when off?

Is a new product, so is in constatly renovation until they think everything is ok.

Is not much heavier, remember is made in aluminium, just stainless steal where gets attached, is around 13 kg everything.

The casters is for protect it when is off and for protect the floor of your house too

And probably will be more improvements with new evolutions.

I have a friend who uses his firefly all the time and loves it. I have a dragonfly and am using it more and more

I have a Tilite ZRA. I tried to put on the clamps today, but it states they need to be at least 3" apart and at least 1/8" away from any welds or bends in the tubing. My TiLite doesn't have 3" of straight tubing between the clamps were I to put them on.

At RioMobility's website, I did find this video where this gal put her clamps right on the bend of the frame tubing. I'd have to do something like that, though not as severe as she has her clamps.

If I put the bottom clamps beneath the tubing to the caster, then I might have close to 3" to put on the upper clamps, but it'll be tight. Like this guy did with the lower clamps. But the bend in my chair is much lower than his for the upper clamps.

Any ideas or advice or experience is appreciated! Am I being too anal and should just put the clamps on where I can, or what? Don't want to mess up either the chair or the Firefly.

I know the user manual is outdated, the RioMobility guy told me so yesterday. No help today, being Easter and all. I don't want to wait, so if anybody has put their clamps in non-user manual positions and it's all good, let me know please! Thanks

-Bob
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Congrats on getting your Firefly. I am hoping to get a Dragonfly soon.

Could you post a pic of your chair?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thanks bro, the owner just called me. He said I could do it like the fella in the second video above in my post. He said lots of people do it that way. It'll fit, I just double checked. I'll give it a try again tomorrow and let you know how it turns out. He said the woman shouldn't have her upper clamps mounted on the bend as it will damage the tubing. That's my only worry, keeping the frame/tubing integrity.
    Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Congrats on getting your Firefly. I am hoping to get a Dragonfly soon.

Could you post a pic of your chair?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!