Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Firefly

Firefly

Hi.

Have someone a firefly? i was thinking in buy one of this firefly
    I know this brand because i have tried a dragonfly and the quality was ok so this one probably will be good stuff too.
    Looking at the video i could leave my car at home a lot of times.

I know 4 people in my city that use and love them. They can cruise around all day, and then when you need to go in a shop you can just take it off the chair and leave it at the door. Great idea especially if there are lots of hills where you are going.

ok then, i will write a letter to Santa Claus for this Xmas.

I have tried a demo of a Firefly in my own chair today, i just can say WOW, WOW and WOW, this thing is absolutly fantastic, i had a long ride in the city and when i went back to the shop for give them back the Firefly and i went out of the bike shop pushing again my wheels i felt like a primitive pushing a wheelchair.
    So i have ordered one, the wheelchair dosen`t need any adaptaion, just a few clamps in the front tubes.

My husband also demo'd one, and it was great. For the price, I think it's a wonderful piece of equipment, and there is nothing comparable in it's price range. In our perfect world we would have a ZX1 power add-on and a Firefly for going distances. Just need to win the lottery next week;-)
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    At 2 grand, you can hardly beat it with the SMARTDRIVE and the ZX1 from Spinergy comming out around 7 thousand bucks. Looks like fun and it can go pretty far.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    My husband also demo'd one, and it was great. For the price, I think it's a wonderful piece of equipment, and there is nothing comparable in it's price range. In our perfect world we would have a ZX1 power add-on and a Firefly for going distances. Just need to win the lottery next week;-)
    Yep, i think that for the price there is nothing that can beat it, even it can go backwards and i`m getting it at a low price, in con has that only can be used by paras, and even i think for fixed to your chair and take it out you will need a good trunk control, for me was really easy put it on&out of my chair, but i`m L1.
    Last edited by totoL1; 10-03-2012 at 03:36 AM.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    You probably go faster downhill in your chair than with the fly attached.
    Enjoy!!
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    You probably go faster downhill in your chair than with the fly attached.
    Enjoy!!
    In that case i will go downhills doing a wheelie with the fly attached lol.

I'd be very interested, but I just had an E-recumbent trike built.